All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: About the bananas new
      #321637 - 01/04/08 09:13 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

My mom says there binding..like rice

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: About the bananas new
      #321662 - 01/04/08 01:37 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I don't know it's very strange because I'm definitely a D person, but since I've omitted bananas and acacia, I'm going regularly. It could be just coincidence and maybe I'm getting regular because of the probiotic. Maybe I'll try a banana again after I've been stable for a month - I'll keep you posted. For now I'm staying away from both acacia and bananas.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

For Syl - Probiotics----even if you tested negative for SIBO? new
      #321667 - 01/04/08 01:57 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Well, I can only speak for myself. But a single fact remains that IBS is ONLY supposed to be the resulting diagnosis when NOTHING else is found to be abnormal. Since I've had 2 abnormal results: 1. Twice the normal amount of fat in my stool 2. Colon polyps, I do not believe my diagnosis is just IBS. So, I am trying to encourage others who may not be comfortable with their diagnosis to make sure that they have had ALL of the tests. I have a post regarding the 24 hour fecal fat test and colon polyps and not one person has responded to that which makes me wonder if anyone is even getting this test performed. If not, I believe it is very important that they do because fat malabsorption is the 2nd leading manifestation (2nd to chronic D) of SIBO. As I stated before - I do not care what the relationship is between SIBO and IBS because there is nothing to determine IBS other than negative results for everything else!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1924 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 63718

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review