All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Probiotics----even if you tested negative for SIBO? new
      #321481 - 01/02/08 08:18 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Or is it just a waste of money? I tested fine on the SIBO test.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Probiotics----even if you tested negative for SIBO? new
      #321485 - 01/02/08 08:27 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I don't know of anyone using probiotics for SIBO. This problem is usually tackled with antibiotics. I do probiotics are used for IBS, Crohn's (with questionable results) and other GI problems.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Thank you!-nt new
      #321487 - 01/02/08 08:28 AM
Jordy

--------------------

To Jordy Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321489 - 01/02/08 08:48 AM

Unregistered

Jordy,
Good Morning! "sigh..." It's a tough road but we'll get through it. I know.
I don't know the name yet. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend. I should know by this weekend and I'll let you know the name, but of course, until I try it, who knows?
So this morning I decided not to take my tablespoon of Acacia. I have no gas this morning (might just be a coincidence, of course)but I already had 2 BMs and the 2nd about 15 minutes ago I didn't feel like I finished (hate that!!!!! story of my life)But I'm not losing hope or ambition yet. promise. I had a half glass of Smart Water this morning and a perfect banana at 10:30 and now an hour later I'm eating rice cake(whole grain rice) with almond butter. By the way, this almond butter is pure almonds, no other ingredients and since I'm off sugar and wheat this tastes so good, I lick my fingers like I'm eating candy or something yummy. It's amazing how many tastes there are in natural foods when we aren't eating junk! The brand is Hadar, it's a kosher product. If it's not available at your local stores you might want to google it and see if you can purchase it on line. Or maybe there are non-kosher almond butters out there, I just don't know. I'm debating if I should chuck acacia completely or wean myself off. I'll decide tonight. one thing at a time, right?
Hope you have a good day.
SarahT

To Jordy Re: To: CJ Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321491 - 01/02/08 08:57 AM

Unregistered

Jordy,
I'm going to find me a coach, if not just a friend who will work with me. But I prefer someone I will pay. I will keep you posted as we muddle through things and when I'm successful you might want to do the same for yourself. You know what i was thinking? People hire trainers for workout, for losing weight, for their financial stuff you name it and there is a coach out there. But the key is to find someone that is very knowledgeable in this area. I know it's a tough one but I'm going to make it happen. I really don't want to do this on my own anymore.

Re: Question for Gigi new
      #321492 - 01/02/08 09:05 AM
gigi1234

Reged: 06/10/06

No I really didn't. I just noticed a reduction in gas of a certain type. Before taking the probiotic I would gradually feel more bloated and full of gas as the day progressed. By the end of the day I would be in pure misery. I still have "normal" flatulence and that seems to depend on what I have been eating. But I have noticed a dramatic change in the bloating problem. The constipation is still an issue though.

Re: To Jordy Re: To: CJ Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321497 - 01/02/08 09:51 AM
Jordy

Quote:

I'm going to find me a coach, if not just a friend who will work with me. But I prefer someone I will pay.

Where do you even begin to look for someone? What type of person would do this and where would we find them?

--------------------

Re: To Jordy Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321498 - 01/02/08 09:55 AM
Jordy

I don't know what to tell you about the Acacia,sorry. I forget you are D and I am C.

I am so sorry you are suffering....but so grateful not to be going through all this alone.

--------------------

Re: To Jordy Re: To: CJ Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321506 - 01/02/08 10:48 AM

Unregistered

I'm asking friends. I'll see where it gets me. Ill let you know.

Re: To Jordy Re: SIBO and IBS new
      #321507 - 01/02/08 10:53 AM

Unregistered

Jordy,
I'm D, but I've been G for the past while, since D went away. It seems to me IBSers whether D or C, after on Heather's diet, end up with similar symptoms, such as G. I don't have bloating though, which seems to be prevalant with Cs. I'm pretty convinced the Acacia is causing my G. I just hope & pray I dont go back to D after eliminating Acacia completely.
yikes!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 63716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review