All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
nervous about first plane trip plus period...any tips?
      #321288 - 12/29/07 12:15 AM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

hi,
i am going on my first plane trip since my ibs set in. i am very nervous about it. a 4.5 hour flight. we are flying at night so all i will have to worry about is snacks and sleep. the other thing is that i should be getting my period around the same day. i don't know how its all going to turn out but i hope i don't get my period on the plane...i'm so worried about it all. i don't want to ruin my hubby and mine first trip since this ibs. its so hard sometimes,one good thing is that we will be staying with family and i am having safe food sent there.

any tips on how i can get through it if it happens like that.

thank you.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: nervous about first plane trip plus period new
      #321289 - 12/29/07 03:59 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

I know exactly how you feel, I also have a long flight coming up. My problem is that when I get anxious I get D so I plan to take a lomotil before leaving in the morning. But it looks like your problem is C so I'm not really sure what you might be able to do in prep. I've also ordered the hypno CDs so I'm hoping that will help as well. I wish you a safe and worry free trip!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#321290 - 12/29/07 06:18 AM
gigi1234

Reged: 06/10/06

I have IBS C with gas and have had some very uncomfortable flights doubled over the seat with gas pains. The best way for me to cope with it is to eat lightly the day before, being ultra-careful to avoid trigger foods. Then I get up really early and do a full enema to cleanse everything out. Then I just drink clear fluids and try not to eat much. I guess I would rather be empty and hungry than suffering through some terrible IBS attack while trapped on an airplane. I would especially want to avoid it if I thought I was going to be bleeding on top of everything. Bring some ginger or fennel tea bags and make tea in the airport. I used to bring thermoses but they don't let you do that anymore. I would also bring some really bland safe snack like rice crackers to nibble on here and there. Don't forget ibuprofen or whatever you use for period cramps, if that is a problem. I hope you have a great trip and best of luck. I admire your courage in deciding to travel. I know how hard it is.

#321311 - 12/29/07 04:56 PM
sun

thank you for the help so far.
i thought that enemas were irratating?
one thing i'm glad that the flight is at night.

i hope i'll be ok.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

I got my period today!! so thats out of the way...now,how does flying effect your ibs? new
      #321343 - 12/30/07 02:32 PM
sun

ahhh...so thats out of the way...so i have till late tomo. night. since i'm getting older my periods have been getting shorter..i am hopeing that i will be over the worse of it today and most of tomo.
now its down to the flight
how does flying effect your ibs?

--------------------

Re: I got my period today!! so thats out of the way...now,how does flying effect your ibs? new
      #321346 - 12/30/07 02:54 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

how does flying effect your ibs?

I get even more bloated. I heard that it's actually normal for everyone because of the pressure. Just like we can feel it in our ears and sinuses, it also expands in our stomach cavity. Short flights are pretty much OK for me but I do fly for 8-9 hours about 4 times per year and I pretty much suffer . Hope 4.5 hours won't be too bad for you .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: I got my period today!! so thats out of the way...now,how does flying effect your ibs? new
      #321390 - 12/31/07 02:51 PM
sun

i am soooo hoping that i will not get bloated too much....gosh...i'm nervous...i have panic attacks and social anxiety disorder so i have some meds i can take.

except for the nerves..i had a BM this am that was ok..i'm eating all safe foods.
-----sigh------

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6819 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review