All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For The Gals
      #321027 - 12/19/07 06:35 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Has it ever happened to you where your anxiety gets so bad that your body makes your period come down? Well not really a full blown period but just spotting for the day? I've been having such a bad weak, possibly because I've been anticipating all things bad since I had to go further from home to go to my first therapy session today (which I enjoyed). I was at work and went to use the restroom at about 10ish and saw spotting on my undies and my period just finished on the 8th so surely it's too soon for a period and I freaked out so much cause I thought that #2 was coming out of #1! Anyway, it wasn't that but I was spotting. Then I thought that is it possible that I'm going through premenopausal symptons at the age of 34? Well anyway, now there's no more spotting and I'm hoping that it was all due to nerves.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For The Gals new
      #321028 - 12/19/07 06:45 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

It's actually pretty normal for women to spot inbetween our periods. I'm pretty surprised that it hasn't happened to you yet. It has happened to me a couple times. I asked about this different women and doctors and they all told me that it's very common and definitely can be stress related. So I wouldn't worry about it but if it keeps happening every month then maybe see a doctor.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321029 - 12/19/07 07:09 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Thanks Zara. Actually, it turns out that it is my full blown period. I guess my cycle is changing. Damn I hate it when it throws me for a loop, especially since I wasn't wearing "period undies". In looking at my calender from '06, it happened then too when the cycle changed but of course, at that time I wasn't paying attention to things like I do now. Oy!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#321039 - 12/20/07 08:22 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I've had my cycle completely change on me twice. The first time was when I first went to university. I guess the stress of moving halfway across the country, ALONE, moving into residence, and adjusting to a completely new life was bound to have some sort of an impact - the first month I had a full period two weeks after finishing one! It happened again a few years later when I moved across the country again.

Now I'm on the pill so it's probably not even possible for my cycle to change now!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#321132 - 12/22/07 02:01 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

One time my period stopped for 5 months. It was really weaird and it freaked me out. If I stress a lot and on my period, it can stop for couple of days and then come back.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7389 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review