All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: NEW update on sweet potatoes new
      #321634 - 01/04/08 08:40 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Wait, are you saying that you just cut the potato in half, long wise, put it on a baking sheet with foil and then baked the two halve? What temperature? I'm confused on how to make the chips with the grill vs what you are making here.

How long did you put the chips on the grill for? Did you cut them into round pieces? Sorry, I'm challenged when it comes to cooking.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NEW update on sweet potatoes new
      #321638 - 01/04/08 09:20 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

okays heres the details

clean the sweet potato's really well. Turn over to 375 to preheat. Cut potato long ways in half (cut of stems) and then in long wedges like fries. Put foil over a long baking sheet. This way you dont have clean afterwards put all your fries on baking sheet and spray with pam or lil canola oil and season with salt or cinnamin and sugar. ( i might try this next batch) bake for 40 min at 375 or to your liking. Everyone oven is different.

But make sure to keep tossing them in the oven so they cook well. Thats it really easy..

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: Baked Chips new
      #321691 - 01/05/08 05:32 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I tried making them again but I must be doing something wrong. Parts of them are crispy but other parts are really soggy. The slices are thin and even so I don't know . It must have something to do with the temperature.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321692 - 01/05/08 05:40 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have not had much success making homemade baked chips. You might have better results if put the chips on an open wire rack and use a convection oven which circulates the hot air around the chips on the wire rack on all sides. And you probably have to use a very hot oven. I was really happy to find the Kettle low fat, low salt baked chips. Now I can have chips anytime I want

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#321693 - 01/05/08 06:02 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I saw actually a recipe in the IBS index and it shows microvawing. So maybe we should try that.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#321713 - 01/05/08 09:21 AM
Zara

Syl, if you're talking about the Lays ones then I have to agree that they're really good - maybe too god .

Debs, I'll have to check out that recipe. I wonder if microwaving would still make them crispy? I will definitely experiment some more .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Not Lays - Kettle Low Fat Low Salt Baked Chips new
      #321717 - 01/05/08 10:03 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

No - not Lay's. I find them too bland and salty. I am talking about Kettle low fat low salt chips. The link to information these chips is on this web page

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Not Lays - Kettle Low Fat Low Salt Baked Chips new
      #321720 - 01/05/08 10:36 AM
Zara

Thanks, Syl. I'll have to look for those. Lay's makes kettle cooked chips so that's where I got confused .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321721 - 01/05/08 11:13 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

I couldn't help butting my nose in this thread. I, too, love potato chips -- weird cause I'm not a fan of french fries -- anyway, I digress. I recently found these really low fat really tasty potato chips at my local Whole Foods. They are made by a company called Sierra Naturals. The ingredients are: potato pieces, potato flakes, potato flour, whole grain rice flour, corn flour, canola oil, and salt. I was a little hesitant because of the whole grain rice flour, but I haven't had any issues with them so I think they're safe! They only have 2% calories from fat They have a website: http://www.sierranaturals.com/product_info.html. The website also shows two types of veggie chips that sound really yummy also, especially the one based on sweet potatoes. I haven't seen either of those in my Whole Foods, but I'm going to keep my eye out. Anyway, I don't know if any of y'all have Whole Foods near you and if they carry, but I figured I'd let you know about them and maybe you could find them too . Have a great day!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#321729 - 01/05/08 01:52 PM
Zara

Thanks, Julie! I don't have a Whole Foods nearby but I do have a pretty good HFS so I'll check there!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3863 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review