All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Zara new
      #321382 - 12/31/07 01:14 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You gonna try the VSL?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zara new
      #321385 - 12/31/07 01:45 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Yup. I just ordered it last night so hopefully it should be here withing a few days. Other than that I only take a multimineral supplement (iron-free). I do take a SFS on occasion but to be honest I never found any of them to be very effective. No SFS has every prevented me from getting sick nor has it kept me regular. If I'm about to get constipated I will. It's always diet only.
I'm also back to watching my sugar intake and low wheat.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321483 - 01/02/08 08:23 AM
Jordy

Quote:

I never found any of them to be very effective. No SFS has every prevented me from getting sick nor has it kept me regular. If I'm about to get constipated I will.

Me too.

Have you ever tried digestive enzymes? I wonder if I am just throwing money down the toilet! (sure not flushing BMs away)!

Please let me know how the VSL works for you, K? I hope it helps you!!!

--------------------

#321490 - 01/02/08 08:51 AM
Zara

Thanks, and I'll definitely let you know. I'll probably start next week, depending on when my order gets here.
I've never tried digestive enzymes but I've been thinking about it. Actually, I tried Beano but without any great success. Then again, I wasn't as strict about taking it as I should have been. But you're probably talking about the protease/amylase/lipase combo so no, never tried but probably will. I don't think they can hurt.

Also, I'm trying to eat wheat in moderate amounts and watch sugars for now. The combo of avoiding both worked before but I felt like my diet was too restrictive. Who knows, perhaps I only need to exclude one. I have yet to see results since I'm still getting back on track after Christmas. Last night I stupidly ate a couple handfuls raisins so so much for low sugar, lol. I'm trying to be good today so hopefully by tomorrow night I'll be feeling better. I'm not really in pain, just bloating.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

To Zara Re: Low wheat, low sugar diet - test new
      #321494 - 01/02/08 09:26 AM

Unregistered

Zara,
Just a little baking tip from my Grandma (may her soul rest in peace)She would cut the sweet potato in 1/2 lengthwise and wrap each piece or u can wrap the whole potato cut in half though in foil. It becomes tangy tasting, like candy. I bake a few or a bunch potatoes this way beginning of week and I eat em for snack all the time.
I too am experimenting K2's diet. I've been off wheat & sugar & of course dairy. Gas did not go away so I'm starting to slowly eliminate Acacia as I believe this is the culprit.
Hope you have a good day.
Sarah T

Re: To Zara Re: Low wheat, low sugar diet - test new
      #321496 - 01/02/08 09:49 AM
Jordy

Thanks for the tip (even though I'm not Zara)!
I'm pretty sure Kat doesn't eat any gluten at all, not just wheat free. Are you both doing just the wheat free?

--------------------

#321504 - 01/02/08 10:43 AM

Unregistered

Jordy,
You're welcome
I'm doing wheat, sugar and dairy and all of Heather's "trigger" foods free. I am not careful about gluten, but I dont have oats and all of the other wheats K2 listed. I do eat barley though. I also really only eat home cooked meals. I started eating Lays potato chips-baked, but I'm going to stop eating this too as I'm not sure what caused my flare up yesterday, the tomato sauce or the chips. I'm pretty certain it was the tomato sauce but I dont want to take any chances. My flare ups include horrible itchy pimples all over my upper arms and butt and it's hell on earth. So I really don't cheat.
ta ta for now...

#321511 - 01/02/08 12:10 PM
Zara

Sarah, thanks for the tip. I love how they get so yummy and sweet!
Oh, and those baked potato chips are a no-no for me! I would eat regular ones before the baked ones. They just make me really sick for some reason, must be the additives . I got the plain version and still ended up in pain.

Jordy, I'm actually trying to eat a little bit of wheat right now, watch my sugar intake a see what happens.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

PS new
      #321515 - 01/02/08 12:33 PM
Jordy

What temp and how long do you bake the potatoes for?

--------------------

#321517 - 01/02/08 01:17 PM

Unregistered

Re the chips. I think my problem is that once I start eating them I cant stop and I can finish off 3/4 bag at a time. I never get to eat treats so when I thought the chips would be safe I went at it with a vengeance. Big mistake. Maybe if I could limit myself to a handful a day...But I'll wait for this trial. I want to feel GOOD already...
today on no acacia, water, banana, ricecake w/almond butter, tuna & cucumbers & white rice for lunch-started feeling gassy after the tuna & rice. was ok all morning. maybe I ate too much....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review