All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Update new
      #321097 - 12/21/07 09:35 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

However, part of me thinks i should just stop messing around with my diet and just avoid wheat and dairy and follow the EFI because i know it definitely works... Does anyone who is doing EFI and avoiding wheat find it so difficult to follow too?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good luck! new
      #321098 - 12/21/07 10:07 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Good luck Sarah, I hope you can figure out what works for you! I'm still trying to just get stable - I feel like I'm getting closer but am not there yet. I just cut out so many foods at once that I don't know if I can actually tolerate any of them or not. I am still eating wheat so for all I know that might even be a problem for me... I know I can't eat a lot of stuff like wheat bran, but that could just be the IF... I wish there was a "one size fits all" solution.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: Good luck! new
      #321103 - 12/21/07 12:29 PM
welshsarah

Thanks Erilyn! I wish the same, it's all so baffling! I cut too many things out at once too which is why i want to experiment a bit. But i think the fear factor may be too powerful and prevent me from experimenting. We'll see...

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

To Jordy and Sarah new
      #321108 - 12/21/07 01:37 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

"Zara, maybe it wasn't the dairy at all, if the bloat is still there. How long has it been since you ate the cheese? Maybe you just had it too many times or maybe it's a specific kind and the first one(s) are okay? Don't let this stop you from continuing to experiment!"

Yeah, maybe. That's why I will try again once I'm stabilized. I do feel much better today (so far). The bloat lasted for two days after I stopped eating that cheese. That's pretty normal for me, it usually takes me 2-4 days to get a trigger out of my system.

Sarah , at least this way you can be pretty sure that at least one of them (wheat or dairy) is a problem! My plan for Christmas is the same - no wheat, no dairy, very low sugar (gosh, what will I eat? ). Hopefully I'll more or less stick to it. I packed a dark chocolate bar with me when temptation comes so I can have something sweet.

So after Christmas I think first I will test out these three groups - adding more fruit, wheat, and dairy. See what happens .

Also, one thing I noticed - I always had oatmeal for breakfast and I was still getting pretty bloated by the end of the day. So today I had cream of rice instead and feel comparatively better so far. I love oatmeal so I hope I can tolerate it and the bloat was not related to it

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: To Jordy and Sarah new
      #321120 - 12/22/07 05:57 AM
welshsarah

Good luck both over Christmas. Hope you have a good one and stay relatively stable. Merry Christmas!

Ooo, since having the wheat and dairy yesterday and thurs evening i was really bloated yesterday evening. But today, unexpectedly, i had a major BM that started as constipation then was normal and then was a bit D. Weird! Ah well

xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Update-how you ladies doing? new
      #321238 - 12/27/07 12:58 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You still around?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#321259 - 12/28/07 05:45 AM
Zara

I have to admit that I completely fell off the wagon during Christmas . I tried sticking to my diet but I did have cookies every day (like a lot, lol), and chocolate . But somehow I managed to stay away from a lot of fruit, I didn't eat dairy and ate low fat and pretty much stuck to the EFI diet. I was surprisingly not too sick. Now I'm trying to get back on track.
So I don't know what's really going on. Maybe wheat is not the real problem for me, maybe it's fructose? But I tested negative for it...so confused

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321266 - 12/28/07 11:20 AM
welshsarah

Oh my word, totally fell of the bandwagon over Christmas! Consumed far too much chocolate and a little cheese and a little wheat. Needless to say i am very bloated and constipated. Not in any pain though...

Not sure what to do now. I think i may try the EFI diet again along with no wheat and low sugar. To be honest, i feel incredibly disillusioned and depressed by the thought of having to do such a strict diet. But may be it's necessary if i ever want to have a BM again! Ugh.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#321345 - 12/30/07 02:47 PM
Zara

Quote:

Not sure what to do now. I think i may try the EFI diet again along with no wheat and low sugar. To be honest, i feel incredibly disillusioned and depressed by the thought of having to do such a strict diet. But may be it's necessary if i ever want to have a BM again! Ugh.

You must be my twin, lol! I feel that way so often! I'm usually ok during my regular days, when I don't go to gatherings, etc. However, every holiday, family visit or even an evening out totally throws me off! THere was so much good, dairy-filled food over the holidays! I didn't eat any but it was so hard! So being this restrictive I just couldn't stay away from wheat and sugar as well. It's just too much at once!
I'm also trying to start again, plus I think I will start taking a new probiotic, and see how that goes.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321380 - 12/31/07 01:11 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Hey ladies! Sounds like you didn't do so bad. Give yourself a break!

Since you had more than one potential suspect food, I doubt that all of them could be a problem. Guess we just have to test one thing at a time to be sure!

I forget, are either of you taking any supplements? Fiber?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 943 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review