All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: No wheat but still gluten??? new
      #320930 - 12/18/07 07:01 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

Maybe later I will also add some gluten free bread but right now I don't feel the need to

So, what kind of bread do you eat, Zara? None?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#320937 - 12/18/07 08:37 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Correct, I haven't had any bread in the past 2 wks. So I'll make some GF bread when I start missing it but right now I'm OK just eating all the other carbs I listed above. Or, who knows, maybe I'll learn that I can tolerate an occasional slice of wheat bread later on? Who knows
I really like rice cakes so I use them to make open-face sandwiches. I even bring them to work, I just put my spread (I use Trader Joe's spread made with eggplant and red peppers), chicken breast, and vegetables into a container and when it's time to eat I just put them on the cakes at my desk. It only takes another minute .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#320942 - 12/18/07 09:25 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

That's such a good idea! I think i might try that one! So far i've just been having peanut butter on the rice cakes and am getting a bit bored of it. Plus, i'm struggling for lunch ideas in work as i don't want the hassle of having to cook something up the night before.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#320950 - 12/18/07 09:49 AM
Jordy

What brand rice cakes do you buy? The brown rice ones are the only ones I can find.

Also, what kind of veggies do you typically use? And you use homemade chicken, not deli chicken, right?

That sauce from TJs sounds really good...but I'm still too afraid to try peppers.

--------------------

#320956 - 12/18/07 10:07 AM
Zara

I usually buy whatever cakes the store happens to have (either Quakers or generic), as long as they're only salted with no other flavorings. So I guess I do eat brown rice ones too. They don't seem to bother me, I think it might be that by the time the rice is puffed up and processed the IF gets really mixed in with the SF. But that's just my guess.

For veggies I use tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados - stuff that's really easy to slice up and put on the rice cakes. I never eat too many in one sitting anyway, it's mainly for extra flavor.

You're right about the chicken, I broil regular chicken breasts and once it's cooled down I slice it up and keep it in the fridge. Sometimes when I open the fridge, looking for a snack, I just grab a few slices. I think it tastes so much better than the deli kind! I either don't season it at all or use salt and pepper before broiling.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Update new
      #321020 - 12/19/07 03:33 PM
Zara

OK, so I cheated - it's the holiday season and the temptation was huge. I had "gasp" cheese. For about 3 days in a row. The first two days it was a bit of cottage cheese and the third day was smoked Gouda. Bloating is back. So I don't know, is it the cheese or is it something unrelated? I stopped having cheese and we'll see how I feel in the next few days. So dairy is definitely out for now but I will try and give it another shot once I stabilize again to confirm it.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Re: Update new
      #321072 - 12/20/07 04:01 PM
welshsarah

I had cheese tonight for the first time in ages so i'll let you know what impact that has in the next few days... IBS is so difficult to read and interpret isn't it!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#321074 - 12/20/07 05:06 PM
Zara

Yes it is! I wish each time I get sick my body would just print out a receipt that would say "one stick of cheese=one big bloat" . It would make it so much easier!
I'm still bloated today, I hope it get better tomorrow as we're leaving for the holidays...
But yes, please let me know if the cheese impacts you in any way!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#321079 - 12/20/07 06:24 PM
Jordy

You ladies are brave! Your willingness to try new things is really inspiring to me.

Zara, maybe it wasn't the dairy at all, if the bloat is still there. How long has it been since you ate the cheese? Maybe you just had it too many times or maybe it's a specific kind and the first one(s) are okay? Don't let this stop you from continuing to experiment!

--------------------

#321095 - 12/21/07 09:15 AM
welshsarah

I made a bit of a silly move yesterday and today. Last night i thought i'd experiment with cheese so i had some as some friends were over to celebrate the holidays. However, today i then went to town and had some chocolate biscuits and cheese sandwich. I now have stomach cramps and bloating, which is fine. But, i can't tell if it's the dairy or the wheat or both! I got a bit carried away because it's the christmas season! So, my plan is to not eat wheat and dairy over Christmas (because i don't want to risk being sick) and then i'm going to try eating wheat for a few days and see what happens and if that's fine then i know that dairy is the problem and not wheat. However, if it is a problem i'll avoid wheat and dairy until my system recovers and then i'll try avoiding dairy and see what that brings. If that causes a reaction then i think i can safely say that it is both wheat and dairy that i'm intolerant to.

I know that some may think me foolish for trying to experiment but i'm still not willing to accept that i have to avoid so many foods. I just think that following the EFI diet would be so much easier if i could add wheat or dairy into my diet and then stick with the rest. Anyway, we'll see!

Sorry for the long post!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review