All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Low Grade Nausea
      #320327 - 12/10/07 07:47 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

I havent really been constipated nor have i had diarhea in last few weeks but ive been nauseous and last few days its been more noticeable and triggers anxiety or vice versus.....im assuming this is more anxiety than ibs but ive had panic/anxiety all my life and never experienced this until the ibs started 2 months ago.......its more of a low grade nausea...not fun...i reduced my prozac from 7mg to 5mg but i dont think thats it but you never know...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Low Grade Nausea new
      #320337 - 12/10/07 09:00 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

Hi Mhillqt, I experience nausea as an IBS symptom too. Low grade, and never vomit. Ginger tea and chews have helped the symptoms, but I haven't quite put my finger on the cause, whether it be food or anxiety related. I don't experience it much, but have noticed for the past two or so months that I have been on Heather's diet and taking acacia and lots of peppermint tea, some of the extreme symptoms of IBS have been reduced, including the nausea.

#320349 - 12/10/07 09:47 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Sometimes I get nausea out of nowhere, and that's always been the case with me since I was a kid. Go figure. Anyway, my anxiety exacerbates the nausea if I have to get on the train or if I'm not home but I always have my handy dandy ginger chews to combat the nausea. Of course my Meniere's disease plays a part in that as well.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#320465 - 12/11/07 09:06 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I get it all the time too. I think my stomach is just very sensitive. Are you getting enough sleep? I almost ALWAYS feel nauseaous after not going to bed early enough (like I will be tomorrow b/c I am up posting!). When my children were newborns and I wasn't sleeping, I was chronically nauseous. Try getting more shut eye and see what happens.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#320602 - 12/13/07 11:16 AM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

i sleep 8 to 9 hours per night....

Day 5 of daily nausea......i thought the cramps and on and off constipation were bad...but this is like living with stomach flu......from low response to my post, im assuming most dont have chronic nausea?

#320604 - 12/13/07 11:20 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Nausea is definitely one of my IBS symptoms. I only get it when i'm anxious, constipated or if i've eaten one of my triggers- i.e. dairy or wheat. The only way i'm able to get rid of the nausea is by sorting out the constipation and not eating what i shouldn't. Sorry i can't be of more help.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#320609 - 12/13/07 12:06 PM
kchapin

Reged: 12/12/07
Loc: Duluth, Ga

I have the low grade nausea, just enough to be miserable. I would really like to make it go away. I am taking a very low dose of <excuse the spelling> fenigrin, but have heard that ginger does well. If so, how much? What kind? I have it most of the time, and I haven't been constipated, except when I have had to take something for diarreah, my insides are very sensitive,yet..just gas and diarreha more than anything.

--------------------
down in the sunny and very dry south.

Re: Have you considered... new
      #320711 - 12/14/07 03:23 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

You might be dehydrated? When I get dehydrated that's the only time I feel nausea.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 463 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review