All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pain in upper tummy ?
      #320266 - 12/08/07 04:28 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

does anyone else get pain in the upper tummy ? sort of just under the rib cage ? is this ibs ? cant help thinking bout this barium enema and wondering what the hell is wrong with me - am really scared about it all !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pain in upper tummy ? new
      #320267 - 12/08/07 04:48 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

my pains are right under were my bra is. If that helps? sometimes it feels like so much pressure like someone is sitting on my ribcage.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#320270 - 12/08/07 05:27 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

That sounds like the pain I was having from my gallbladder. It felt like I was wearing a corset in that area and it just kept getting tighter and tighter. You both may want to get that checked out. That pain went away with my surgery.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#320284 - 12/08/07 04:20 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

When I have IBS attacks, I have pains in my back, lower and upper stomach and even all the way in the upper back, by the shoulders. When I first got ibs that is the first place that was hurting me-under the rib cage. I had shooting pains there. So, don't stress out, honey. You'll be ok.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#325818 - 02/29/08 10:10 AM

Unregistered

I actually came on here to ask the same question. I got the flu and at the time I was also wearing those invisalines for my teeth. Trays over your teeth. They create a lot of saliva. I got horrible pain in my upper rib cage so I took some Natural Calm that normally works great for IBS, but it gave me more gas, I'm sure due to the flu. I saw my Gastro and he asked if I had a back ache. I thought it was from lugging groceries or an old injury from a car accident acting up. I told him yes upper shoulder areas. He said I had acid reflex and gave me OTC Peptic AC. I haven't tried it yet cause I'm convinced it's my IBS acting up. I have IBS-C and I haven't gone that much over the last few daysm almost a week.

So long story short, I am as scared as you are. I was thinking stomach cancer, something serious wrong, but the Gastro thought Peptic for 3 wks and I'd be fine.

It sometimes feels like I have a knife in there cutting me or a solid ball stuck in there, upper rib cage, sometimes so upper it feels like it's by the heart. But really so much of this I'm sure would disappear if I emptied my bowels.

I'm afraid to take the Pepcid cause last time I had h plylori it only kept the acid increasing after a while.

I just saw my Gastro so it's not Gal bladder. IBS can be very painful.

Anyone else get the symptoms I described? I don't get them often, but once in a while I get a bad flare.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1328

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review