All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting diagnosed
      #320076 - 12/04/07 10:51 PM
Viajero98

Reged: 11/29/07

Hello everyone,
First I want to say thank you to everyone who answered my last question, you've really helped me and I look forward to having an easier time with this because of your advice. Thanks!
I have another question. I've never really been diagnosed with IBS. I've been to a few doctors who have all suggested it, I have a lot of the symptoms and the things that help people with IBS to feel better help me as well. I've sort of accepted that that meant I had it but I know "technically" it doesn't. I'm going to go see a doctor in about two weeks to try to figure out exactly what is wrong with me. I've already been to others and had blood and stool tests. I admit I don't want any more tests but I know I'm going to need them.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what to talk about with my doctor, what to ask, what to point out? Any words of wisdom would be wonderful. I feel like I know what's wrong, but I would love to know for sure and get on the road to learning how to live with it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting diagnosed new
      #320077 - 12/05/07 01:47 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

hiya ! looks like we are more or less at the same stage - i was told 6 years ago that i had ibs by the doc i got on heathers diet and it was amazing i swore by her - told everyone i knew - i let it slip and i moved house didnt have the pc for support and kinda lost the way a bit - now im raelly ill with it again and i too think i def know its ibs but i would like some reassurance as i am heavily ibs-d !!! I have had a stool sample done and there is no infection - i am currently waiting for the date to go in and have my barium enema (absolutely dreading that) I feel like as soon as i know it is only ibs and nothing deadly(i know my anxiety makes me that way lol) i can get on with the diet and work towards making myself cope like i did before !!!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#320079 - 12/05/07 03:13 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Other tests you should look at; colonscopy, upper endoscope, test for celiacs, and gallbladder. You want to elimate any other disease. So many have the same symptoms. I also had a food allergy test done, just to make sure I didn't have those. It doesn't test for intolerances, though. Talk to your doc about probiotics, too.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#320080 - 12/05/07 03:44 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

See Heather's discussion about IBS symptoms - What are they? How is IBS Diagnosed? on the main page of this web site!

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1071 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review