All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zen Soy pudding
      #319988 - 12/04/07 06:01 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

okay I was so excited saturday since I went to whole for the first time. Great choices but pricey. But I got alot of new choices Like Lara apple pie bar soooooo yummy. Anyways I thought I would try a vanilla pudding I got for dessert. This was a 4 pack cups. First, of all it wasnt that great but it was a treat. But I should have just threw it out but man was my gas and GERD crazy from this. I think soy products bother me too. Does anyone else have that reaction? I love the purely decadent ice cream gluten free chocolate cookie dough but I can only have a small amount. Which is hard because its yummy and sweet. Otherwise I have this horrible gas and shall we say not such a plesant smell. I wonder why?

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zen Soy pudding new
      #319990 - 12/04/07 06:15 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

soy is a bean. Beans are notorious gas producers. I know I can't eat any soy product or I suffer horrible gas.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#319992 - 12/04/07 06:41 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

Yes, I have problems with soy. Although I do get gas from it, my biggest problem is migraines. It triggers my migraines, and if I have a lot can make me feel very sleepy.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#320004 - 12/04/07 07:59 AM
chica

Reged: 03/31/05

do you find if you use beano before soy it helps?

#320062 - 12/04/07 06:05 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I tried the zen pudding too, and yeah right there with ya, total bummer because it tasted great, but I had major gas too, even with beano!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#320072 - 12/04/07 09:06 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I used to experience bad gas with soy products. I've found that eating them regularly for a long period of time has made my system much more tolerable of them. However, certain soy products (e.g. meatless "meats" and cheeses) can still make me gassy. It's a bean ya know I have found better success with rice ice cream and rice cheeses. I think they have them at Whole Foods as well.

#328977 - 04/27/08 01:00 PM
PixieDust721

Reged: 04/27/08

This is actually a reply to the purly decedent ice cream. Purely decedent ice cream does have chicory root extract. I'm not sure...it may be a souble fiber but it is an awful lot of it for such a small amount of food (I beleive it is 6g for 1/4 of the pint)...So this may be the source of the problem...

#328983 - 04/27/08 01:45 PM
LogicalGator

Reged: 04/27/08
Loc: Maryland, USA

I've tried both soy ice cream (the Purely Decadent brand you mentioned) and soy milk and neither agree with me. I had 2 days when soy milk caused me a lot of bloating and pain, and a friend who saw me those days said I was as pale as a ghost. When I cut out the soy products and kept everything else constant, that problem went away. I'll be sticking with rice milk for a while, although Heather's FAQ makes it sound like you can build up a tolerance to soy (http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#soy).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1890 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4450

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review