All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS - Cholesterol - Need to lose weight
      #319968 - 12/03/07 05:32 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

I find myself quite stable now and only have an "episode" occasionally when I eat something I KNOW I shouldn't (last time it was a KFC Fried Chicken THIGH!! - can you imagine!). In order to stabilize myself, my diet has been VERY carbohydrate heavy and I've avoided veggies like the plague. Because of this, my last check up with my cardiologist showed elevated Cholesterol and a need to lose 30 pounds (no surprise about the weight loss need). I've read posts about Heather's diet and Weight Watchers being a good combo since WW just counts points and you can eat anything. Any other suggestions about how to get some of this weight off? I'm feeling a little depressed - IBS under control, weight blown up like a balloon! Help

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS - Cholesterol - Need to lose weight new
      #319994 - 12/04/07 06:47 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I count calories to keep my weight stable. As long as I stay within a certain range per day and exercise a few times a week, I either lose weight or stay the same. There are calculators out there that can help you estimate how many calories you should be eating per day. From what I understand, Weight Watchers points are based on calories, but also take factors like fat and fiber content into account. I just watch those manually to make sure I'm getting enough fiber and not too much fat (probably something everyone does here anyway).

By the way, I use FitDay (www.fitday.com) to keep track of my foods and exercise.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3061 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 693

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review