All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tofutti Cheese Slices
      #319937 - 12/03/07 08:45 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I tried these Tofutti American Cheese slices on the weekend – and was thoroughly, completely, and utterly disgusted!

http://www.tofutti.com/cheese-amer.shtml

Has anyone ever tried them before? My husband tried it too and was equally horrified (and he's actually pretty open-minded about vegetarian stuff – for a guy). I was looking forward to trying their Better Than Cream Cheese and Soy Sour Cream, but now I'm not so sure. I've been traumatized – this stuff was BEYOND nasty, I mean, I can't believe it ever made it to the market. Someone please tell me that these are indeed gross and that their cream cheese and sour cream are way better!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tofutti Cheese Slices new
      #319945 - 12/03/07 09:52 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Yes, the sour cream and cream cheese are better. My girls like them. I have yet to find any other cheese that tastes good to me. The soy parm is fine, but the rest of it, only if it's mixed with other stuff.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319970 - 12/03/07 05:38 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

How did you eat them? If just plain then yes they wouldn't be that great. But I love to top a turkey burger with them. I like the Pepper Jack flavor or the Smoked Provolone. However I must agree that I still can't really find anything out there that truly replaces cheese!

#319972 - 12/03/07 06:02 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Definitely the cream cheese is better. I prefer the garlic and herb blend. I felt your horror too when I tried the Galaxy Veggie slices. Yuck! I think I'll see what the rice cheeses taste like...

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#319975 - 12/03/07 07:20 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I had it on a sandwich - I took one normal-sized bite and suddenly my mouth was filled with this... mush! And the flavour was just horrifying!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#319993 - 12/04/07 06:43 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I've tried a rice cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich (just bread and cheese in the toaster), and it wasn't bad. Definitely better than I expected. I'm not sure if it would work by itself though.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review