All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not just the gallbladder
      #319925 - 12/03/07 03:03 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Well I tried to introduce cheese this weekend to see if it was indeed just my gallbladder and not IBS. I was doing so well. Had normal BM's, no pain, no gas. And then WHAM! woke up at 4:30 this morning with a massive attack. I'm in so much pain right now and my anti-spasmadic isn't working. I've gone so much this morning that I'm bleeding now. Must have opened up a hemmoroid. I've got to leave for work in an hour, and I just don't know if I'm going to make it. AHHHHGGGGHHHH!!!! I was really hoping it was just the gallbladder.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not just the gallbladder new
      #319926 - 12/03/07 04:39 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I feel like crying for you! I am sure you are just so disappointed. All I can say is I'm sorry. You are not alone, though.

IBS just plays wicked games with us....it is truly "a curse".

Hope you feel better soon....and maybe, just maybe, if you go without the dairy, things will get better?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#319928 - 12/03/07 05:19 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Sounds like you mean the attack woke you up from sleep. This is not typical for IBS as far as I know.

Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

/Ulrika

#319931 - 12/03/07 06:44 AM
blackrvn5

Yeah, haven't had an attack like this for so long, and the only thing that changed was trying the cheese. I guess at least the other pain I was having is gone with the surgery. So no more cheese, again.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319932 - 12/03/07 06:46 AM
blackrvn5

No, I woke up for my normal going Pee in the middle of the night and then it hit out of the blue. That pizza sure did taste good though. Definately not worth feeling like this, though.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Susan new
      #320028 - 12/04/07 10:55 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I was just reading a book and it suggested that maybe the combo of cheese and high fat together cause problems. Maybe the combination was too much for you? Especially since removal of gallbladder makes digestion of fat. If you dare...maybe try low fat cheese?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#320030 - 12/04/07 11:23 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I had my gallbladder out about 2 years ago. It was a similar story to you...but the one thing I remember is about a week after the surgery, I ate maybe a half of a tablespoon a PB (if that) with a banana and got horrible stomach pains that woke me up and it was a horrible IBS attack. I realize now it was the fat that did it and not the IBS. Granted, I still have IBS but not to the level it was before the surgery. I eat SO low fat still and stick with lots of carby foods. This helps a lot. After 2 years I have learned which IBS attacks are really IBS and which are fattening food induced... but hang in there. It took me a good 6 months to eat almost any fat... it was rough for me, but now it's well worth it without the nausea and pains associated with gallbladder problems!
Hang in there! it DOES get better...

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: Susan new
      #320042 - 12/04/07 01:39 PM
blackrvn5

That may be the answer. I think I'm going to wait until after the new year to try anything again. The other thing was Sunday night I tried yoga again for the first time in a few years. I know that gets things going, but maybe it was too soon after the surgery?

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#320090 - 12/05/07 07:34 AM
pixiegoddess

Reged: 01/18/07

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have been very tentative about trying some things but haven't had any major problems yet. I have been doing yoga all along and actually went back last week after only a week and a half after the surgery just to see if I could handle it. I modified everything and took it really easy, but did notice a few "twinges" that eventually went away. But if you haven't done it for a while maybe easing into it would be better. I am still adding things back into my diet very gradually and will probably also wait a few more weeks for certain higher fat things. I hope things get better for you! Hang in there!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 252 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review