All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GAS BETTER- but didn't do the foods I avoid
      #319891 - 12/02/07 06:25 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

I don't get it - yesterday i ate all foods that normally give me big time gas- avocado- shrimp salad- corn muffin and jelly for breakfast w/ my egg white omlette- minestone soup with the shrimp salad and avacado- and no gas. The only thing I can figure out- is that I didn't eat alot of veggies that day- although Minestrone soup had some.Wish it could be that way all the time
Any thoughts on this???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GAS BETTER- but didn't do the foods I avoid new
      #320010 - 12/04/07 08:39 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I think it just has something to do with how your gut is feeling on a particular day, and sometimes I think it has nothing to do with the foods you eat. EVERYONE gets gas, we just seem to feel it more because our tummies are so sensitive. Maybe your tummy was just feeling "normal" that day.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320058 - 12/04/07 04:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Unfortunately you could eat the exact same things tomorrow and get gas. It just doesn't make sense when considering food only.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#320088 - 12/05/07 07:25 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I tried cutting out common gas producing foods, and it didn't work for me. What has helped me is probiotics. My gas symptoms are probably bacterial related. I feel like the gas is getting produced in my colon (and rumbling around a lot), but with the probiotics I don't have that much any more, even with eating "gassy" foods like broccoli and onions. I still get a little gas from those, but it doesn't bother me like the other gas did.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#320112 - 12/05/07 01:27 PM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

hHi Elena- I am really really interested in what brand of probiotics helped you. Right now I am taking PB8 twice a day// Could you reply w/ the type and brand. Thanks

#320120 - 12/05/07 02:20 PM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

Hi, I replied on your other thread. I'm taking Digestive Advantage for IBS (http://www.digestiveadvantage.com). If you try it, get the tablets since the chewable kind has sorbitol in it. I take it twice a day, but I may try going down to once a day soon.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1178 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1497

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review