All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anxiety and Cooking
      #319783 - 11/29/07 10:00 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

So, I decided to make my first pie, ever. The whole time I was making it I was stressing so much, simply freaking out. I had to tell myself to calm down! I was just so afraid to mess it up! I even put some relaxing music on! So, pie turned out good (Heather's pumpkin pie) but I am just wondering if anyone else stresses when they cook? I mean, isn't cooking suppose to be relaxing?

Thanks all.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anxiety and Cooking new
      #319795 - 11/30/07 08:10 AM

Unregistered

Tatyana, why do you stress about cooking? It is therapeutic for me... Are you worried about burning something? If you know you're making something safe, you should be ok!

#319796 - 11/30/07 08:27 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

All the time! I'm always worried that I'll burn something or under cook it! So, I make easy things like tacos or premade chicken where all I have to do it reheat it on the grilling pan. I also make, pasta with store bought sauce, chicken hotdogs, rice and frozen low fat dinners. Stuff that I don't need to slave over or stress about the cook time.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#319961 - 12/03/07 02:47 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I think I was stressing so much because I was making my first pie, ever. I was worried about messing it up. And, by the way, I got sick from it anyway, even if it's on Heather's recipe. Pumpkin is suppose to have SFiber in it but it gets me sick every time.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#319986 - 12/04/07 05:30 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I can totally relate- i used to stress about it all the time and especially when i first got married as i worried that my husband would hate it or that it would be inedible. Now that i'm more used to cooking i don't get so stressed... unless i'm cooking for friends then i have a freak out! The whole relationship between body, mind and food is so delicate for those with IBS methinks. Don't worry, i think you're normal for stressing out

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 286 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review