All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
*BUMP* Robinol and/or Align Probiotic I am not sure if this posted
      #319376 - 11/23/07 12:23 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I'm not sure this posted, I always get a copy of my own messages and I didn't get this one and I've had not replies, so I am sending it again, if by chance you have all read it, my apologies. My fifth Gi doctor, who I must say out of the 5, except for the one who retired, I really like, started me on Robinol, anyone taking this for IBS-D with success. So far I am having a hard time adjusting to it, very nauseated, tired, had an attack last night.......I'm taking it twice a day and using the Librax he said when I'm cramping really bad.....anyway, he also started me on Aligyn, (think that is how it is spelled) it's a probiotic that he said he has had great success with. I am going on my second week of that, he gave me samples, but I was at wal-mart and it's expensive......anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has tried or are taking either of these and if they have had any success. He did a zillion tests, all of which came back normal, including 6 stool tests, 14 blood tests, etc. he was looking beyong the realm of my IBS Diagnosis, since it is quite obvious by my zillion colonoscopies and history confirming it, that I have it, he was more concerned that I have been unable to gain a pound in almost a year, without eating less.....he was looking for a malabsorption problem. He did many many gluten/wheat tests all came back normal and I do not have an allergy there. I have been trying to eat gluten free products, but I see no difference. Anyway, just wanted to know about the meds. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Lt Dan

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *BUMP* Robinol and/or Align Probiotic I am not sure if this posted new
      #319426 - 11/25/07 07:25 PM
Emily H.

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Luxembourg, LU

Hey, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time! I only know a little bit about one of the meds you list, but here's my two cents. I was given a sample of Align by P&G's marketing people because I (used) to blog about my IBS. When I received it, I discovered that the stuff contains casein, which for me equals pain and misery. Their PR people claimed that it shouldn't hurt me, but I won't touch anything that's got milk in it. Do you think that this might be adding to your discomfort? The idea of probiotics is great, I think, but I prefer to get mine through yogurt, like Wildwood Soy or Silk Live soy yogurts. Those seem to work really well, and they're completely dairy free...Be careful for O'Soy, though; it contains milk now.

HTH!

Align new
      #319435 - 11/26/07 05:34 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi there,
I am currently on Align. I think it's been 4 or even 5 months that I've been on it. I had a horrible time starting it, but remembered it could take 8 weeks to work, so I kept it up. I had lots of bloating and just an overall bad belly feeling. After about 6 weeks it wore off and I feel great on it. Honestly, it seems to have really helped me. I just went through a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection and had no D! Nothing! I actually got a little C for a few days, but even my C, which used to be HORRIBLE, is nothing with Align. I have only had 1 maybe 2 IBS attacks in about 6 months, so I feel like I'm doing something right. I take my align in the evening before bed and really love it. I would recommend it to you...but just keep in mind it can take a long time to really work. I didn't want to push through those first few weeks, but it sure was worth it! Good luck to you. (Also, I posted my experiences about align on here, so if you do a search, I'm sure you'll see where I posted the first few weeks!)

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1548 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1295

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review