All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Depressed..
      #319219 - 11/20/07 02:14 PM
SW10

Reged: 10/18/07

Hi all!
I am just feeling really down today and just wanted to vent some.. I have been following the diet food wise and I still have BM(I have ibs-d) after I eat.. I feel like its just not getting better and there is no hope some days.. I had my son 2 months ago and was at 142 now I am down to 105.. I just keep losing more and more weight and I understand that following the diet you will lose weight, but I feel like I shouldn't be losing this much weight so fast! I am afraid to eat because of all the BM's after and have really bad anxiety.. I just don't know what to do and I just feel so alone..
Thanks for listening!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Depressed.. new
      #319227 - 11/20/07 03:20 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Know that you are not alone here. I think we all went through this when we first started. I'm more C and still lost about 15 pounds. I can imagine being a D you would lose more. Congratulations on your little one. I was very depressed when I first started the diet. It does take time, but you will start to feel better soon. Have you tried some of the other suggestions? Hypno, yoga, etc. If you haven't read Heather's first year book, it really helps. Lots of ideas in there and let's you know you are not alone.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319233 - 11/20/07 04:13 PM
SW10

Thank you! When pregnant with him was the best 9 months I had in a long time.. for once I could eat.
I have read Heathers book over and over and over again just to make sure I am not missing anything, but still feel hopeless. I am looking into yoga classes in my area so that my sister can attend with me.. I want to try the Hypno, but just can't afford all the stuff right now. I am trying to get more food from the whole food store so that I can eat more.. you know.. I will just keep going at it.. that's all I can do..I also want to try new meds because I don't think mine are really helping.. do you know of any breads I can purchase from the store?
Thank you again..

#319234 - 11/20/07 04:19 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

sorry about whats happening.....ive been dealing with ibs for 2 months.....did you have ibs before pregnancy? Also, what does your doctor say about your dramatic weight loss and what did you way prior to pregnancy? What meds are you on....have you tried an antianxiety med or antidepressant...it might be helpful....this is a really nasty syndrome....i cant believe more is not being done about this.......

#319245 - 11/20/07 06:46 PM
blackrvn5

I basically live on sourdough. Pitas and tortilla's are good, too. Just check the ingredients. If you have a breadmaker, that's a good way to go. Will save money in the long run.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319247 - 11/20/07 07:47 PM
SW10

I feel the same way.. why dont they do more if soooo many people have it I really wish I knew the answer.. I had Ibs before I was pregnant, but not as bad as it is now.. before I was prego I could eat basically anything as long as I took my librax pills.. I am currently on them again (their anti-anxiety, or so they say) and it only helps a little.. I literally can't eat anything without having a BM.. I just started seeing a new doctor at the U OF M, which I think is way better than seeing my other doctor at the internal medicine clinic, but the downfall would be the wait to be seen there.. He says he knows a lot about IBS, so I will really put him to the test.. I see him again next Friday and I am really looking forward to it, so I can ask more questions and perhaps a new med..

#319248 - 11/20/07 07:50 PM
SW10

What kind of ingredients do I have to stay away from?? maybe thats one reason why bread doesn't really work with my tummy..

#319257 - 11/21/07 05:03 AM
blackrvn5

You'll want to use fresh bread, not wonder types. Avoid dairy and egg yolk in the bread and lots of preservatives. Have you been tested for celiac? If bread bothers you, that might an issue.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#319283 - 11/21/07 11:16 AM
SW10

No, I haven't.. I see my doctor next Friday, so I will ask him about being tested..
Thank you

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1959

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review