All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Can I ask you what AD you are taking? new
      #319171 - 11/20/07 06:37 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I take Zoloft now since it helps for anxiety but is safe to take while preggo. My hubby plan on trying to conceive in January. But I was on Effexor before and it really worked great to control anxiety plus it gave me some energy. But not enough info on that while preggo. So far I have been on zoloft for 6 months and I am fine. I am considering trying Lexapro after we have a baby. I have heard great things about it IBS and anxiety. It has helped being on a AD.I used to get myself all worked up and have IBS-C and now I have IBS-C. Well mainly C. But I can sleep now and not as anxious.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What are your triggers? new
      #319173 - 11/20/07 06:54 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Oh yeah, hormones definately play a part. That time of the month was always the worst, compounded with severe cramps, heavy bleeding, and mood swings. I use BC continueously now to stop the periods and that has helped. Haven't tried adding foods back in to see what may trigger. When using a food journal it was so random if something would bother me. I know for sure that broccoli, cucumbers, and salad will make be bloated and gassy. Stress was always a trigger for me as well.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Lexapro...that was it...I had heard that i can cause D at first (m) new
      #319177 - 11/20/07 07:04 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

and that scared me off of it although I know some say it's only temporary. But if you're C than it probably won't have that affect anyway. Not sure.

How many children do you have? I have two sons, 9 and 6 and would love to add a daughter to the mix but I'm getting on in years!!!!
Sandy

Re: Lexapro...that was it...I had heard that i can cause D at first (m) new
      #319179 - 11/20/07 07:12 AM
auntdebs318

I dont know about the D with it??

This would be our first !! We tried for 6 months last year but the doc said I would stress to much and then the IBS attacks also made me lacking the mood. And now that I working to get this under control and I have lost 35 lbs ( i got weighed at the doc last night). Hopefully it will happen now Hello, my clocks have been ringing I am 36 turning 37 in March. So hopefully I will be preggo for my b-day.

You are blessed to have 2 boys!! you should consider the lexapro I know 2 friends (1 has IBS) that it has really helped them.

--------------------

Re:For Bendeewendee new
      #319180 - 11/20/07 07:22 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I haven't looked into taking an AD and the thought of taking anything bothers me cause I feel that if I was fine before, why now? What I need to do is get on the wire and call the therapist. You know, for a girl with tattoos, I sure can be a wimp! LOL

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Just to encourage you... new
      #319184 - 11/20/07 08:20 AM
Sandyg

I had my first in my late 30's so don't worry too much about the age factor. You'll be fine. Yes my boys are a blessing. My mom passed away 4 years ago and since then I have wanted a daughter. But I was very happy my boys were boys! They are best friends which is great.

I hope you are holding a little blessing soon! Make sure you update us here!

I may try Lexapro now I've heard it helps so many.
Sandy

Re: Just to encourage you... new
      #319189 - 11/20/07 09:01 AM
auntdebs318

Thanks Sandy for your warm thoughts. It is so nice to have people finally understand what you go through. Trust me , when we finally conceive I wont be keeping it a secret. Were both too excited about the whole thing.

As far as you go, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. But maybe I can see how a baby girl would fill that void. Perhaps you might want to talk to hubby about making your own 2008.

--------------------

Search lexapro... new
      #319206 - 11/20/07 12:10 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Hi. I'm not being lazy, I just have posted so much about Lexapro myself when inquiring about going on it and you would get the most info. by doing a search. You'll be able to hear my questions and the answers that everyone gave me too. Good luck.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: What are your triggers? new
      #319217 - 11/20/07 01:47 PM
maestro

Reged: 01/14/05
Loc: Missouri

My triggers are:

dairy
red meat
beans (sometimes I can with beano but other times it's a disaster)
Gassy type foods: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage
fried foods

Thanks that was very helpful! new
      #319223 - 11/20/07 02:44 PM
Sandyg

Don't know if I'm ready yet for AD's but it seems that many folks have had success.

Sandy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1595 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review