All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Anyone NOT having success with this diet? new
      #319073 - 11/19/07 08:56 AM

Unregistered

I also agree that you need to give this diet more time. Have you started taking Acacia? That will def. help with your D - please give it more time!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#319079 - 11/19/07 09:03 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I've actually been taking Acacia for about a year. But not much - I'm only taking 1 1/2 tsp in the morning. I have this notion that any more will make the D worse, but I know it's not supposed to.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#319088 - 11/19/07 10:14 AM

Unregistered

I am also IBS-D and the Acacia has never aggravated it. I would try to take another 1 1/2 tsp in the evening so you're taking it twice a day and gradually increase. I increased mine by 1/2 tsp every 2 weeks or so. I really think you'll notice a difference, give it a try, what else do you have to lose????

#319103 - 11/19/07 12:57 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I'm IBS-D and I'll have times occasionally when I'm stable but it doesn't last long. A couple of weeks max. I take acacia and the peppermint capsules and still have problems. It is very frustrating. I might try cutting out sugar to see if that helps. Arrgh!

Re: Candida new
      #319149 - 11/19/07 07:07 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

I'm having the same experience; finally have been told that I have a chronic yeast infection in my small intestines, probably have had for years and years and just got used to feeling sick. No doc ever spoke to me about candida albicans, intestinal permeability, and healing the gut, but now that I am down that path and approaching those problems, I can't believe how quickly things have improved for me.

Now I can look at "IBS" as a symptom, not a disease; something else is / was behind it all along and now I can address that. I have not eaten dairy or meat or high fat foods for years and I will remain so for my health anyway. But now I don't feel like a victim anymore; I'm over obsessing about fibre ratios; I'm finally getting answers, and learning the right questions at the same time!

And best of all, my disordered eating has been totally brought back under control by finally understanding my body better, and promising to look after it properly now.

#319229 - 11/20/07 03:30 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Jodie, I agree with you. I know for me, my symptoms were caused from a fungal/yeast problem. I wish more doctors were clued into this real problem. Instead, it took me 8 years of my own researching to figure it out. I believe IBS is a symptom of a fungal condition. My opinion. BTW, how did you finally figure it out for you?

#319253 - 11/21/07 03:42 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

jodie- please please tell me - how did you get your diagnosis of yeast- blood test???I think that I may have that- but don't know who or how to go about finding out???Thanks

#319254 - 11/21/07 04:25 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I've got candida - it's an ongoing problem that I refused to believe in until more recently, I responded REALLY well to the anti candida diet, probiotics, healing the gut stuff too. My quality of life goes right down when I'm in the throws of the C, and find it really hard to try to convince non believers that I've got yeast in my gut, coz it's not recognised by doctors!!! Rubbish huh, being sent away from doctors surgeries only to be told to eat more fibre!!! I spent many a night in tears, feeling very alone, no one understanding or thinking I was just making it up!

I completely understand where you are so if you or anyone out there fancied a private chat about it, please do get in touch, I'd love to hear from anyone coz it's so lonely xxxhugsxxx

#319262 - 11/21/07 06:35 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Just been reading the posts on candida and sugar etc and it makes so much sense with my IBS symptoms! I always feel worse and really bloated, gassy and uncomfortable after having products containing sugar or fructose etc. And both my husband and myself have noticed that my symptoms get much worse when i eat sugary products. He's been trying to get me to stop eating sugary stuff for ages but i just right off what he's saying. Poor hubby! He may be right after all. That sucks though as i'm such a big fan of wine gums and fruit. Gosh, this IBS is such a difficult puzzle to solve!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: Candida
      #319264 - 11/21/07 07:02 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

The only way, (and quickest?)to know for sure I think, is to 'experiment' with changing your diet. Obviously, if you notice an improvement with symptoms, often within a week, you have found the cause. Doctors spend so much time trying to help with symptoms, handing out prescriptions. If only they would look for the cause. I would also recommend taking natural antifungals as well to speed the healing process, unless you get lucky enough to find a doctor willing to listen to your story, and prescribe nystatin. I took olive leaf extract and caprylic acid. After changing my diet (antifungal), and taking the supplements, I was so much better within 2 weeks. Now, as long as I moderate my intake of sugar and grains, I feel great!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11725

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review