All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
quick change in symptoms possible?
      #318755 - 11/15/07 12:53 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

So I have yet another question. Is it possible to have a relatively quick change of IBS and symptoms? I am normally constipated, and through the use of the tummy fiber and accupuncture have gotten myself to a point where I have a BM either every other day or even sometimes every day, with some straining, still some gas but very little pain on a daily basis. I have been very pleased with this after what was horrible constipation all the time, with a bm every 3 or 4 days. A week ago I started having abdominal pain again, cramping and started having diarrhea. I am going to the bathroom twice a day which is CRAZY for me, they are either very loose or just keeps coming out for a while. I have also been having way more gas, smelly gas at that, which is lovely.
I have been alternating for a long time in the sense that i will be constipated for like 4 days and then have diarrhea for a day or two, but never anything like this. So is it possible to go from one symptom to the other that fast? Literally the day before it happened I had a normal BM and felt fine. Then BAM this happens and I cant get it to stop, using peppermint tea, the tummy tamer peppermints, more fiber, the BTC diet. I am also on chemo but my oncologist is 90% positive this has nothing to do with that, and I have been through 5 out of 8 sessions of it so this would be a random time for it to affect me like this.

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: quick change in symptoms possible? new
      #318764 - 11/15/07 03:29 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

i'm going through that right now too. I just added some new foods to my diet, luna bars amd im doing the same thing for the last two weeks, im ditching the luna bars and keeping a food diary, i think its an if sf balance thing, good luck, sorry to hear your having this too

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Re: quick change in symptoms possible? new
      #319077 - 11/19/07 09:01 AM
tovabela

Reged: 11/07/07
Loc: NYC

I've experienced the same symptoms you described. Are you lactose intolerant? I am both lactose intolerant and have IBS, but learned I was lactose intolerant before I had been diagnosed with IBS. When I cut out dairy, the frequency of my IBS symptoms decreased too, although not enough for me to determine I was solely lactose intolerant. Cutting the dairy out of your diet may really help you. It's hard, I know, but I've found some great ways to cut dairy without feeling deprived.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2597 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review