All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: endometriosis-UPDATE new
      #318776 - 11/15/07 06:24 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

Oh sweety I hope so. My mom also has Endo and she is the one that realized I could have it too. Anyway her advice to me was to start taking Naproxen before my period starts, about 3 days before to prevent disaster and continue taking them during the evil time of the month. Good luck but I would recommend the laproscopy it helped me so much.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#318782 - 11/15/07 07:45 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

thanks for the support. I guess my biggest concern right now is if I DO get the surgery, what if I don't really have any endo and it was useless? Then I read the symptoms again and say, "of course I do"...then I go back and forth. After having IBS so long and having horrible symptoms and having doc after doc saying there is nothing really wrong, I've got such a twisted mental approach to this. I feel like I probably do have endo, but if I don't, won't this surgery be a waste? I'm just overwhelmed.
I took the naproxen at 7 and didn't get any relief. I read that those drugs need to be taken on the onset of symptoms...and I'm 4 days into my period. So maybe it's too late. Hopefully the period will settle, I'll be less emotional and think clearly in the morning. Thanks for responding so quickly. It's nice to have someone to ask questions about this...I'm such a pro on IBS, having something else wrong with me is really new and I want to know all about it quickly.
Thanks

--------------------
IBS-A

#318798 - 11/15/07 09:05 PM
bdcanfield

I felt the same way - I was scared that they would turn to me and say, I did not see anything... however, they also discovered I have two fibroid tumors (benign, endo implants , and a lot of active endo (which has not implanted). The surgery also helped getting medically evidence that I do have IBS -- apparently I have a legion which connects my stomach and bowel to my gut. So, I know it is scary but believe me it is a lot better knowing. Not to mention the surgery does help a lot with the pain. Take care and feel free to email me if you would like to chat or vent anytime.. my email is bdcanfield@yahoo.com just put in the subject about from the IBS board. I am sending you hugs. remember you are not alone.

--------------------

Re: endometriosis new
      #318800 - 11/15/07 09:07 PM
bdcanfield

Here is a link for a great site:
https://www.endoknow.com/tpgyn_web_enr_form.aspx

--------------------

update 2 new
      #318845 - 11/16/07 11:22 AM
Aly

on top of this, I woke up this morning with some sort of bug. I was really congested and lightheaded. I felt horrible but went to work for a few hours. Got too nauseous to stay... Got home and found out I have a temperature! crazy. SO I'm having a litle pity party for myself. My DH works late tonight, so I'm home alone feeling crappy... Just wanted some support from you all! THanks

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: update 2 new
      #318854 - 11/16/07 12:34 PM

Unregistered

Aly, huge hugs. I do hope you feel all better soon, real soon.
ST

Re: update 2 new
      #318855 - 11/16/07 12:39 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Hope you feel better soon. Take a hot bath if you can and relax by some candlelight.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: update 3- z pack anyone??? new
      #318947 - 11/17/07 03:48 PM
Aly

SO.... now I have a sinus infection. My throat got so bad and the fever wasn't going down, so I went to an urgent care. She said it wasn't so pretty in my ears and throat. (I could have told the doc that!!) And therefore...I'm now starting some antibiotics. GRRR. I haven't had to take them in a LONG time and I'm hoping the probiotic I am on will stop any side effects I could have.
Anyone taken the Z-Pack before? Any expereinces??
Besides that, my period comes and goes...nothing as bad at the beginning of the week, just bothersome... I need a break!

--------------------
IBS-A

#318962 - 11/17/07 07:23 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Aly,

I totally feel your pain, because I get sinus infections at least 3 times a year. Before I had IBS I used to take prescription antibiotics to help, but I'm scared to use them now because of the stomach effects. Anyway, back in college when I got my first sinus infection, the health center gave me z-pack (which was kind of their catch-all drug at the time). It didn't really work at all, and it took trying 2 more different, more potent antibiotics, before it went away. Anyway, now when I get the infection, I tend to drink a ton of tea, bump up my vitamin C intake, use zinc to help with the symptoms, and try to get enough rest. So that's my two cents -- I hope it helps! And I also emphathize with the fact that you are having mutiple health problems at once. As my mother would say, "When it rains, it pours." Feel better.

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#319022 - 11/18/07 08:39 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I'm sorry to relay that my stomach did not fare well on the z-pack years ago. I too try terribly to avoid antibiotics (since I think my abuse of them in the past may have led to my IBS...just my opinion), but if I do need to take something, I can tolerate cefzil or amoxicillin. If after a day or two of the z-pack you are having problems, just call the doctor and ask them to switch. Good luck and feel better.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4511 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10389

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review