All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Live Active Cheese
      #318280 - 11/09/07 02:51 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

Has anyone tried the new Live Active cheese, it is supposed to regulate digestion in like 2 weeks or something like that... I have found that the Yo Plus yogurt as well as the Danon Activia helps me.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Live Active Cheese new
      #318318 - 11/10/07 12:14 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

So you don't follow Heather's diet if you eat yogurt? Do you avoid other dairy? Are you a C or a D?

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#318320 - 11/10/07 12:25 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

I think that's quite a tough question because my initial reaction would be no, this probably won't help you at all if you have IBS. If, however, you are finding that the yogurt with activia in it is helping than it is a hard call.
Generally speaking, all dairy is difficult to digest so the problems that the milk proteins might cause you will null out any positive effect from the cheese, but it seems like in this situation it might be a guess and test scenario.
My only advice would be to try using a probiotic supplement instead of the cheese if dairy does bother you at all and you might find more help with fewer side effects, if that is an issue for you.
I recommend TuZen probiotics, I don't know how widely available they are but they are new and specifically for IBS and have been a godsend for some people with IBS.

Cheers,

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Stay Away! new
      #318325 - 11/10/07 02:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My poor husband has to hear me kavetch about those commercials everytime I hear one. Putting a probiotic into a food that concretely (pun intended) causes constipation will not help a person's digestion in the long run! That is like putting a cholesterol medicine in steak and telling people it will lower their cholesterol. Cheese causes C and yogurt's dairy can cause bloating/gas, C or D. So it is much better to buy a probiotic. In my experience those don't work that well, but for some they help. Probiotics have bifidus strains in them plus other strains of helpful bacteria without anything unsafe for IBS.
I feel extremely sorry for everyone who is duped by those cogent commercials. I think all dairy products for 'better digestion' should be taken off the market. Notice the commercials say ' may help regulate your digestion.'

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#318329 - 11/10/07 03:45 PM
bdcanfield

Reged: 03/02/05
Loc: Carlisle, Pa USA

I follow Heather's diet mostly, except about once or twice a week I eat yogurt and don't seem to have a problem. I am IBS-A somethings cause D and others cause C, mostly C though. I am also able to handle small amounts of skim milk cheese. It has been a long haul...2 1/2 years and I can finally add these in.

--------------------
Smile and the world smiles back

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4007 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1195

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review