All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pregnant & constaption scared HELP!!
      #317929 - 11/04/07 03:37 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Help I am 7 weeks prego and I haven't had a bm in 5 days. I went on tuesday but very little. I have tried EVERYTHING from water to walking to ceral whole grains to even PRUNES I am afraid to put to much if in me and cause a attack but i don't know what elese to do somebody and anybody PLEASE ALL MY HEART HELP ME!!
Emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose interolant gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant & constaption scared HELP!! new
      #317933 - 11/04/07 04:25 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Not sure if you can take this or not...maybe call Nurse Direct or something.....but what about a capful of Milk of Magnesium.

#317938 - 11/04/07 05:03 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

First of all relax... that is going to be your main reason for an attack. I can't remember do you take Acacia? I took it with my last pregnancy. My doctor told it was fine. If you are taking it you might want to increase your intake if you are not at full dose now. Also drink lots of water, decaf tea( warmth might help things to get moving) and yes incorporate more fiber. Do you take colace? They are stool softeners without laxitives. My doctor also told me to take them and I took 2 every night during my pregnancy. If all that fails then talk with your talk about other alternatives. And oh yeah CONGRATS!!!!!

#317941 - 11/04/07 07:15 PM
commish

Reged: 05/19/07
Loc: canada

I have ben tehre-for me it was 2 full weeks without a BM. I did EVERYTHING...Prune Juice was gross yet nothing. For me it was lots of fiber, water and massage. I usually IBS -D so I was eating trigger foods to help me go. I feel your pain and hang in there. I am at 3 months now and things seem a bit better. Although I fear that it will turn into D next.
You are not alone.
Commish

#317964 - 11/05/07 07:27 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I agree with Angela. We both just had babies so it's fresh in our memories! I was taking Benefiber in the a.m. w/tea, fibercon at dinner and 2 colace in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m. Only that started to help me. then I switched my calcium to Calcium Citrate PLUS magnesium and it has worked wonders!

Good luck and congrats to you!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

But I am scared to take anything right now!! new
      #317965 - 11/05/07 09:25 AM
emmasmom

I was taking prenatals over the counter ones and I think it was the iron in it that why I am like this so I went to a multivitiam (mens they don't have iron in them) and I am taking extra folic acid I have done that for 3 days and nothing. I am so scared to take anything I just want to go natural. I have tried everything I know what I put in has to come out and I don't know if i am more scared of being constapated or having a attack with all the if I have been putting in me or taking something and something happening I am so scared and lost right know. How do you up your if when theres only certain things you can eat to begin with.And all your meals are based on pots and rice!!!! Oh I feel like i am lossing it!!! I just need help.....
Emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Re: But I am scared to take anything right now!! new
      #317968 - 11/05/07 10:18 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

You need the iron during your pregnancy. I know that it can be hard to take it, but check with your doctor because there are some that you can take that don't have as much in them. But you do need some! Also I had a rough go the first 10 weeks. I experienced constipation bad in the first few weeks. I also had 2 really bad attacks. The baby was fine and I got through them. You will have a BM. Your body can only go so long without one. Even if it's just some pebbles that counts. If it starts to become longer than a week with nothing at all then I would consult your doctor. I am not sure if Miralax can be taken with pregnancy but you could always check. I know that you want to do it "natural" but you may just have to realize that you need a little help to keep things running smoothly! First you have to find some insoluble fibers that you can eat. I hope you have since you have been on these boards awhile now. Incorporate them into lunch and dinner. Also take the calcium citrate. The extra calcium is good for the pregnancy and the magnesium will help you go. But above all RELAX!!!! Trust me that is going to be your worst enemy. Hang in there. It will get better.

Re: But I am scared to take anything right now!! new
      #318018 - 11/05/07 03:59 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

My doc was waaay okay with me taking Colace and suggested that I take more. I don't like to take stuff but I was constipated so bad.

Whatever you do, don't strain!!! I wish someone had told me that hemhorroids are forever. The Colace won't hurt you a bit and you might have to take quite a bit to get things started. But, talk to doc about it if that'll make you feel better. Don't give up on the prenatals. There's too much good stuff in there for baby to give that up!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Ok Girls I went ! How do I keep this up? new
      #318041 - 11/06/07 06:31 AM
emmasmom

Thanks for all your help! I finley went on my own yesterday! I 'm on a multivitim thats "suppose to be the same as prentals but I think I rather just take prenatals if you know what I mean!! Theres only 3 fruits and 3 veggies i can eat those get old all the time. I do walk and I know drinking water helps. I know there prenatals out there that have to be better with making me "go" I just wish they would give them to me. I might just go back to my prenatals. I don't don't know what to do!! Could you pass along some of the food and snacks and meals you all ate or eating while prego! Thanks so much its nice to have someone to talk to! xxx to you all!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas lactose interolant

Call your doc! new
      #318044 - 11/06/07 06:46 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

They make prenatals with stool softeners that you can get from your doctor, my mom took those when she was pregnant with me. Luckily for me, taking benefiber works, and I only really have to take it during the first trimester. I totally understand that you want to be as natural as possible, but eventually you're going to have to poop! Maybe your doctor can let you know something else to try.

--------------------

Re: Ok Girls I went ! How do I keep this up? new
      #318057 - 11/06/07 09:34 AM
livingsam

Reged: 05/01/07

hi there. i am 11 weeks preggie, with ibs-c. i take "floradix". i get it at the vitamin shop. it is an iron supplement with fennel and herbs and it says right on the bottle "does not constipate". it causes me no prob.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review