All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
frustrated
      #317798 - 11/01/07 07:20 PM
FLK

Reged: 11/01/07
Loc: USA

Hi everyone. I just joined the message boards. My stomach has been bothering me since I can remember. I don't have a lot of problems with C or D, but I have a lot of problems with bloating and gas. It seems like I can't eat anything because the problems start a couple minutes after I start eating. I haven't gone to the doctor, but I think that it is IBS. I started eating the IBS diet about 6 months ago, and I tried to eliminate gluten and dairy for a while. Then I started eating only organic food. That helped for a while. Recently it has gotten a lot worse, where I'm afraid to eat anything unless I am going to be home. I was doing well today until dinner. I had rice, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, potatoes, and tomatoes. I had to cook the vegetables with olive oil, which is what I am thinking caused the problem. My stomach started acting crazy right after the potatoes. I try to eat everything I am supposed to in order to stay healthy, so I don't want to eliminate anything that I should be eating, but I just don't know what to do anymore. I am getting so frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem or any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry for your frustrations.... new
      #317800 - 11/01/07 07:30 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

But you absolutely MUST go and get a proper diagnoses from your Doctor. These symptoms could mimic many other things, and you don't want to let this one go.

As for wat you ate, it depends partially on the person. Tomatoes can be very acidic. Best eaten in small portions, cooked. I don't know about the other veggies you ate wheteher they were well cooked or not. It's OK to use olive oil, just keep the amount SMALL. Use a non stick pan, or baste and bake.
Another thing is if I ate all those things in one setting, my stomach would be upset too. Unless it was a stir fry where the portions were very small for each thing.
Try small meals more frequently.

But seriously, PLEASE - go to the Doctor. Only after a colonoscopy is done and other things are ruled out should you conclude that it's IBS. It's for your own safety and health.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Sorry for your frustrations.... new
      #317802 - 11/01/07 08:14 PM
FLK

Reged: 11/01/07
Loc: USA

Thank you for your suggestions. I don't know what else it could be. I have done a lot of research on everything, and this seems most likely, unless it is fructose malabsorption. I know I shouldn't self-diagnose though, and I should talk to a gastroenterologist. I talked to my regular doctor a while ago, but all she did was give me a medication for constipation, diclo something, and constipation isn't really even my problem. I was also tested for gluten intolerance, just the blood test, and it was negative. I couldn't do the hydrogen breath test because I didn't fast. She wasn't very helpful, and now I don't have any insurance, except for catastrophic until I am done with school. I was just going to experiment with this diet to see if it improved anything. Also, I did only eat a small amount of each, and the tomatoes were cooked. It was only 6 cherry tomatoes. It was probably a total of 1 cup of veggies, all cooked/ stir fry.

Re: Sorry for your frustrations.... new
      #317852 - 11/02/07 05:38 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

try your veggies one at a time and see how you do with each one.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1509

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review