All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ultra Sounds and Levsin (hyoscyamine)
      #3177 - 03/18/03 02:23 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

i went to my GYNO today, and she set me up for an ultra sound. is anyone familiar with what i'll have to do to get this done? Im also in line for a long list of blood tests (sigh) But anyway, after having another nasty attack, my gasro finally prescibed be hyoscyamine,(generic name for levsin) Has anybody had any luck with this med?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ultra Sounds and Levsin (hyoscyamine) new
      #3181 - 03/18/03 02:25 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Wishing you tons of luck, hope the new med helps, I know nothing about it but I just hope it helps you. The only US's I've had were when I was pregnant so I have no idea how it works in this situation. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#3186 - 03/18/03 02:40 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sounds like you're on the right track for getting all the correct tests done. As for the ultrasound, it depends what kind you're having, but it's completely painless. They just cover you with sticky goo. If you're having an ultrasound done of your uterus (as opposed to an abdominal ultrasound) you will have to drink lots of water a few hours before the test and not go to the bathroom! I hear that's the hardest part (especially if they keep you waiting in the waiting room)!!!

I'm not familiar with Levsin. Maybe someone else can help out here??

Good Luck!

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

#3191 - 03/18/03 02:50 PM
kidswithIBS

Reged: 03/17/03
Loc: Ill, USA

my dd was on levisin for 8 mos. its an anti-spasmodic to stop the large intestine from spasming. dd had to take fiber-con at the same time since its the spasms that move your ? to have a bowel movement. It worked good for a while. now she's taking Bentyl. same kind of drug a little diff somehow shes been on that for 9 mos now. She still has her bad days . Medicine is not a miracle pill just an aid

#3192 - 03/18/03 02:55 PM
biscrandi

Reged: 03/13/03
Loc: Fishers, Indiana

This may sound stupid. But, what tests do they run?????? When I had my IBS diagnoised. My gastro. felt around on my stomach. asked me a few questions and said "Yah, your inflamed in your intestines, here take this Levsin. If you need refills your regular physician can fill it.

And that was it. He acted as though I did not ever need to come back and see him.

By the way Levsin was fine till I was planning to get pregnant. My OB/GYN took me off of it because it can cause defects. So, I had to do my pregnancy working with my IBS with diet only.

Hope you feel better

biscrandi

#3206 - 03/18/03 04:02 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I had to have an abdominal ultrasound done back in Sept. If that's the same kind you're having, I found these 2 websites helpful when I was getting mine done: adbominal ultrasound1 & abdominal ultrasound2 The prep was really simple. Fat-free meal night before, no food after midnight.

I've been on hyoscyamine since the end of Sept. I had pretty good results with it. I'm trying to wean myself off of it now, only because I don't want to be on meds constantly. I haven't had any since Thurs. The only thing is it makes you drowsy. At least it did me anyway. My doc had me try it before bed to start because of the drowsiness, which is when I usually take it.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mags

#3210 - 03/18/03 05:03 PM
ConcreteAngel

thanks for all the replies guys!i take two tablets a day: one at 5am and the other at 5pm (half hour before breakfast and half hour before dinner) Mags, im from nj too! where in nj are you?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#3217 - 03/18/03 05:15 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I'm in the beautiful city of Delran! lol How about you?

#3219 - 03/18/03 05:19 PM
ConcreteAngel

im near cherryhill. delran....hm, im not to familiar with that site

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#3220 - 03/18/03 05:21 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

They can do an internal ultra sound too. If you have that then your bladder has to be completly empty. I had one done with my last pregnancy when I was six weeks pregnant becuase they needed to see her heart, make sure she was ok (I was bleeding) and to find out how far along I was. As you can tell I didn't have a misscarriage. Isn't she cute?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 511 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3209

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review