All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acidopholus
      #317585 - 10/28/07 08:48 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

I wanted to ask for advice in taking acidopholus. I began taking it a week ago and have felt worse than ever, nothing is staying in me, I am down to eating crackers, applesauce and rice and drinking Boost, that has even been a problem. I have now lost almost 10 pounds again. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acidopholus new
      #317588 - 10/28/07 10:08 AM

Unregistered

CMW
I don't have real advice, but I can tell you that I tried acidopholus a few weeks ago and it made me very sick. It was like everything was sitting inside me up to my throat. I don't know how I survived it. I suddenly realized that it might be the acidopholus & stopped immediately and went right back to constant going, but that was better than being all stuffed up. I then had my consultation with my doctor who he told me he suspects I have IBS, and although he's still testing me, I started Heather's diet a week ago and I'm taking the Acacia supplement too and hoping this will work.
If you are losing weight, may I ask if you've been tested for all stomach related illnesses? Are you sure you have IBS?
Lots of luck to you, hope you feel better soon.
Sarah T

Re: acidopholus new
      #317635 - 10/29/07 03:46 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

CMW, from what I can read, probiotics should not have any major negative effect on you. However, everyone is different, and reacts differently to things. Are you taking other medication that could be causing an interaction? As well, if you have a fungal/yeast overgrowth, the good bacteria may be pushing out the overgrown yeast and you may be experiencing a die-off effect, more or less. Also, when I took probiotics with FOS, I had D reaction. As soon as I stopped, I felt much better.Probiotics without the FOS don't bother me at all. Maybe stop the brand you're taking and see if you don't feel better. Try another type of probiotic. Not one size fits all, I'm sure.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review