Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Has anyone used Almond milk?
      #317399 - 10/25/07 11:21 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hi! guys

I could use some help. Has anyone used Almond milk? I liked the soymilk but it made me so gasy. So I have been avoiding that. I tried it to introduce it 2wice a week in icecream or cheese but it always gave me cramps or horrible gas. So today I saw Almond milk unsweetened vanilla flavor. So I was going to give that a try.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Has anyone used Almond milk? new
      #317406 - 10/25/07 12:06 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I've tried it. I didn't have any problems with it but I wasn't big on the taste. Now I buy Rice Dream and it's my favorite "milk" so far.
I think you should try it, just because I didn't like the taste doesn't mean you won't .

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317409 - 10/25/07 12:12 PM
auntdebs318

Okay thanks.I saw Rice Milk but didnt try that. But I did try a Ice cream called Rice dream but still had issues. got to luv the IBS... I guess I have to mix around to get the write ones. I want to try it now with Heathers's husband rice pudding recipe over the weekend.

--------------------

#317417 - 10/25/07 01:02 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Soy Milk gives me extra milk also, so now I use Diamon Breeze Orginal Almond Milk. I use it in my cereal and you can taste a hint of nut but I do like it. I dont know how it would taste if you drank it alone, but in cereal its definately worth the switch from Soy.

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#317419 - 10/25/07 01:21 PM
auntdebs318

Abby,

What cereal do you eat? So far all dry cold cereals been an issue. Some one posted that Organic rice cripies are okay more not the regular. I like almond tasting so I hope I will like this. The brand I got was from Blue Diamond Natural Unsweetened Vanilla (60 calories per serving). Its funny if I use alittle Silk Soy Creamer in a chicken Marsala dish I make, I have no problems???

--------------------

#317423 - 10/25/07 01:39 PM

Unregistered

I've been drinking almond milk for a while now because I was diagnosed with allergy to casein. I have no idea the effect on us IBS's cuz I just found out that I have IBS, but I do know that I really like the taste a lot better than the soy milk (sorry zara). It's thinner and hardly chalky. Does everyone here agree that almond milk is ok for IBS-D?

#317439 - 10/25/07 03:09 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Yes, I drink it. I especially love chocolate almond milk -- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze brand. I think it makes me less gassier than soy.

#317458 - 10/25/07 04:42 PM

Unregistered

thank you. as soon as i stabilize i'll get right back onto almond milk. for now i'm sticking to solubles only and water. can't wait.

#317528 - 10/26/07 08:56 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:

Hi! guys

I could use some help. Has anyone used Almond milk? I liked the soymilk but it made me so gasy. So I have been avoiding that. I tried it to introduce it 2wice a week in icecream or cheese but it always gave me cramps or horrible gas. So today I saw Almond milk unsweetened vanilla flavor. So I was going to give that a try.

Hi! I love almond milk. It's possible that you might be eating/drinking too much soy. I have to be really careful when I'm using soy products like soy ice cream, soy milk, soy cream cheese, and soy sour cream. Often, some of these soy products are very high in fat. Eating too big of a portion of soy products hurts me badly and I usually end up cramping.

I have tried both almond milk and rice milk and find them nice alternatives to soy milk. Soy milk seems to be richer tasting imo. I usually purchase the unsweetened almond and rice milks because that way they will fit into anything I use them for, whether it's cereal or cooking or baking. My favorite is Blue Diamond, the same brand that packages almonds. If I want/need vanilla or chocolate flavor, I can add that to taste to the plain, unsweetened stuff. It makes it more versatile that way. Although the vanilla and chocolate almond milks are good. HTH. Hope you feel better!

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#317611 - 10/29/07 06:10 AM
auntdebs318

I love Almond milk!! So far so good. I got the unsweetened from Blue diamond and I made Potato and Mushroom soup with a little sherry. And I butternut squash soup over the weekend.

--------------------

#317612 - 10/29/07 06:33 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

sounds good..do you have the recipe for the potato and mushroom soup?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#317616 - 10/29/07 07:39 AM
auntdebs318

Abby,

It was purely and eyeball experiment. But it turned out yummy even my hubby ate it too.

1 pkg of purred Shitake and 1 pkg of portobello mushroom
2 lbs of boiled potato's no skin
1 1/2 cup of Fat free (health valley) chicken broth
1 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk

Heat broth and milk first then add pureed veggies. Salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of sherry. Then warm up 2 teaspoon of smart butter light and add 2 TBS of cornstarch to water mix around to liquid and then fold that all in to the soup. Simmer on low for 1/2 hour then let cool down. Serve with fresh or toasted sesame french bread (which I love). Its a nice soup now that the weather up north is get chiller. Let me know if you like it?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11364

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review