All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Why is this so hard?
      #317321 - 10/24/07 04:50 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Why is this so hard! I have beeen fighting food for the last 4 days trying to come up with new things and its so hard!!! I have cried and cried and my dh don't get it he just keeps saying you got eat! I just want something differant to eat!!!!! Any ideas I am so tired and of the same old stuff!!!! sorry haveing a bad night just want like mac and cheese and bean salad and caneolpe and spagattie and just food! thanks for listening!
emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose interolant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why is this so hard? new
      #317337 - 10/24/07 07:30 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Sheila,

I am so sorry you feel this way. I know exactly how you feel. I am too an IBS+C, lactose intolerant. I get bored with food very fast and there are days when I just want to stop eating and take an IV, like a guy from the commerical (where a guy gets so bored with tasteless food, he decides to skip meals and take an IV instead). I think it's so easy to get depressed with our food selection. I saw something on the news, about a boy that can only eat 7 kids of food, because he's allergic to everything else. He's very skinny and when I start feeling sorry for my diet, I think of him. Could you give us a sample of what you eat throughout a day, so maybe we could figure out an alternatives for you.

Take care.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#317346 - 10/24/07 08:29 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Last week I made a mac and cheese for my husband and I ended up picking a few of those cheesy, crunchy pieces from the top. Yummy but boy did I pay for that later! It sucks, we all know what it's like to miss food. But we've got to hang in there!
I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317347 - 10/24/07 09:23 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I don't know how long you've been on the diet, but trust me, it gets so much easier the longer you practice this way of eating. It's like Heather says in Eating for IBS, if you approach this as a lifestyle, it becomes a part of you and less like a deprivation. I've been on this diet almost 3 years now and there are definitely times when I wish I could eat a hamburger with fries and finish it with a bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce, but I just don't eat that way anymore so it's easy to shrug it off.

Hang in there. Some days are worse than others, but you'll find more creative ways to eat as you move forward and feel better. You'll find that more and more recipes can be altered to fit the diet and that you can tolerate things that maybe a year ago or six months ago you couldn't.

Btw, there are really yummy vegan mac and cheeses out there. I am out of town, but when I get home I'll check my cupboard and let you know the brand I eat. It's really good!

#317366 - 10/25/07 07:28 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

There's also a baked mac and cheese recipe on this board. I made it 2 weeks ago and it wasn't bad, though I can tell the difference from my usual ooey gooey 4 cheese mac and cheese to this one. But hey, we gotta do what we gotta do.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#317373 - 10/25/07 08:21 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I like the Amy's brand vegan mac and cheese. Its made with soy.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

For Tatyana or anyone else! new
      #317624 - 10/29/07 09:43 AM
emmasmom

Thank you for your post Its nice to know I am not alone and someone feels like I do. OI am just tired of making the sam ething and when i try something new i'm in the bathroom!!! If its chicken its chicken nuggets, soup, stir fry, grilled,. Bugers its sloppy joes, bugers, bacon bugers,or tacos(that isn't very good)rice is just rice or mix in with chicken,. Noodles either soup or sloppy joes on top.Veggies peas or green beans,fruit peaches or strawberrys, pots are either hashbrowns or fries, mashed or never turns out! So you can see why I am bored of food!
thanks again for the help!
emmasmom
ibs-c
lactose interolant GAS!!

Re: For Tatyana or anyone else! new
      #317625 - 10/29/07 09:53 AM

Unregistered

Have you bought Heather's cookbook Eating for IBS? I think you'll be surprised at what's in there! There are so many ways to modify everyday meals to make them safe...turkey burgers, turkey meatballs w/spaghetti, fajitas made w/chicken breast, baked chicken, grilled chicken. Check out the recipe board for other good ideas! I had to learn how to be creative and it's finally paying off!

Have the book! new
      #317636 - 10/29/07 04:02 PM
emmasmom

Have the book can't have spices or Tomatoe sauce no soy either? Any other suggestions?
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas lactose interolant

Re: Have the book! new
      #317645 - 10/30/07 07:32 AM

Unregistered

Have you checked the recipe board? There's a good one for potatoe soup, baked chic & veggies...how about grilled or baked fish - Tilapia is very light tasting w/a baked potatoe and a side of veggies? You could do a stir fry & just leave out the soy sauce, just season the chicken w/salt instead. You could try the fajitas as well, again leave out the fajita seasoning and just season w/salt. They make so many different turkey products: ground turkey, turkey meatballs, turkey sausage. Just take the time to browse and see what you find. I hope this helps and good luck!

Sorry your struggling/Soy? new
      #317658 - 10/30/07 09:22 AM
caprice

Reged: 01/11/05

I'm sorry your struggling but can relate. I'm so uncomfortable and really am not sure what my trigger foods are. Anyhow I have read and was wondering since I see many here eat a lot of soy that it can contribute to bloating and gas. Good luck on finding what works for you.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 817 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2702

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review