All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Probiotic Update for Zara new
      #325978 - 03/04/08 08:00 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

i have sibo... antibitics didn't do a damn thing... my main problem is gas... if i live on chicken rice and oatmeal i am ok.. but when i slip up and eat real food i pay... what is this VSL? where can i buy it?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#325986 - 03/04/08 08:57 AM

Unregistered

Have either of you guys tried Digestive Advantage?

Re: I don't know what to do new
      #325994 - 03/04/08 09:20 AM
Joaniebird

Reged: 09/30/06
Loc: Connecticut

Hi,
I took Flagyl when I was diagnosed with C-Dif, which is something like E-Coli and it helped alot. The C-Dif had made me so sick - diarhea, throwing up, couldn't keep food down - it was just so much more than my usual IBS that I did go to the Gastroenterologist and he made me do blood work, where the C-Dif showed up. If nothing showed up in your blood work, why would your Doctor tell you to take Flagyl? It is the quintissential drug for C-Dif and other disorders like it. Anyway, it didn't bother me and I got over the C-Dif and just returned to my regular IBS issues.
Don't believe your doctor when he says you are not lactose intolerant. If you read Heather's book, IBS folks can't tolerate the whey, cassein and other components in milk products not just the lactose. It is appalling how ignorant doctors are about IBS. Just be glad we have Heather and her book. Her ideas work.

--------------------
Joaniebird

#325997 - 03/04/08 09:45 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

I have.. it didn't do anything for me

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#326005 - 03/04/08 10:49 AM

Unregistered

I've been taking it for about 2 weeks now. I'm surprised at how well it seems to be working - my stomach isn't as shaky as before. It doesn't seem to help with bloating though. How long did you take it for?

Re: For Jhuggs re: Digestive Advantage new
      #326067 - 03/04/08 05:27 PM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

hello JHuggs, I'm not sure who your question was intended for but I'll respond :-)

I've never tried it and have never heard of it. Can you tell us about it? Thanks

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#326093 - 03/05/08 08:32 AM

Unregistered

It's a probiotic. It's called Digestive Advantage IBS and I bought it at Wal-Mart for about $8. I've been taking it for about 2 weeks now and have noticed a huge difference in my symptoms. I haven't had an attack since I've been taking it but I've been pretty stable lately anyways, as long as I don't cheat. But I can say that my stomach hasn't once felt "iffy" since starting it. Before I started this I could always feel gas bubbling in my belly but this seems to have cleared it up! I have noticed that it hasn't done anything for bloating but I can live with bloating! Like I said, I've continued taking my Acacia, Peppermint Caps, and have stuck to the diet. You can check their website out at www.digestiveadvantage.com. They will send you a free sample and a $2 coupon. I will continue taking it! Let me know if you try it out, it's worth a shot! Good luck

#326154 - 03/06/08 02:38 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Thanks for the info Jhuggs. I have to admit, I'm a pretty nervous about removing Udo's Choice and trying something different (I'm sure you know how that goes, you suffer daily for so long that when you finally find something that helps, you cling to it like a baby to his blankie). I do appreciate the info and will keep it in mind for the future, right now I'm just enjoying feeling good and don't want to rock the boat yet :-)

That's fantastic that you were able to get so stable with just the diet and peppermint caps - Unfortunately, that hasn't been the magic bullet for me. The diet certainly has decreased the number of days per week that I suffer from D (I went from 5 days per week down to 2 days). But 2 days of D every week is 2 days too many!!

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#326157 - 03/06/08 05:47 AM

Unregistered

I wouldn't call myself too stable yet! I had been doing really well with this new probiotic and the diet until last night,I had a painful D attack I was under alot of stress the day before and last night it decided to rear its ugly head but I'm going to keep taking it!

#326189 - 03/06/08 09:14 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

Hey Zara, how are you doing on the VSL now? I've been back on Udo's choice for 9 days now and am very happy to report that I have not had a single incident of C or D in 9 whole days!!!! I do still get a little too much gas on occassion, but gastrizyme clears that up immediately. I've been having 1 to 2 NORMAL BM every day or two. As you know, this is my 2nd time trying Udo's Choice. I took it for 4 weeks and saw significant improvement, then went off for 3 weeks and immediately started in with the C and D, then tried Align for a week some improvement but not enough. It's going to be Udo's for me from here on out! My doc did say that I'll probably need to take a probiotic for life. It is very expensive, but my plan is to cut down to 2 pills per day after taking it for a full month and see how I do. If I do well with 2 pills/day for a full month, then I'll try just 1/day. If I can maintain a good balance with 1/day it will only cost $30/month which is reasonable.

Oh, I should also mention that I've been eating some very bad foods this past week (mainly just to test the waters b/c I'm really beginning to think that most of the foods I've eliminated probably won't bother me as long as I'm taking Udo's). Some of the things I ate last week are: Chinese food (3 days in a row), fried chicken, several diet coke's, raw carrots, raw cauliflower, raw celery - NO PROBLEMS (aside from some pretty foul gas from the chinese - which I cleared up immediately with gastrizyme). I'm so sold on this probiotic

I'd love to hear how you're doing on VSL - I hope well!

Hi Jeanette, I'm still not so convinced about the VSL. I have been feeling a bit better (except for today) lately but I think it's because I've been really careful with my diet. I have no idea why I got sick and bloated today. I'm glad to hear Udo's working for you, I think I'll try it after I'm done with align (will start next week).

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 863 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 38862

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review