All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Pud new
      #321078 - 12/20/07 06:20 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What exactly do you mean? What test came back positive? What did they test for instead of the gluten intolerance?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dairy? new
      #321391 - 12/31/07 03:07 PM
Sneaker

Reged: 12/31/07
Loc: Montreal

Newb here, and I'm glad you brought it up, because I've been wondering about that too.

It seems I'm lactose intolerant. I drink lactose-free milk about five times a week with my all-bran honey oat cereal (thank God I can tolerate All-Bran with no problems whatsoever) and I eat aged cheddar cheese usually about 4 times a week. I find the younger, milder cheddars cause me more problems, but the older it is, the better I can handle it.

As for ice cream....I splurge and get the completely no-no stuff like Ben and Jerry's, take some Lactaid, and hope for the best. I figure there's no point in putting myself through the pain if all I'm having is ordinary Quebon chocolate ice cream, right? So I get the reeealllyy good stuff, and it makes the pain easier to deal with :P

Yoghurt-wise, I only eat probiotic yoghurt like Activia, Yoptimal or that new Danone DanActive. I read somewhere that people who are lactose intolerant can tolerate these yoghurts because the probiotics cancel out some of the lactose. So I've heard, anyway.

I'm just hoping that my IBS doesn't get any worse and I won't be allowed any dairy at all. Milk I can live with not having,(I used to drink close to a litre a day before my IBS started) but without my cheese...le sigh.

Re: Dairy? new
      #321423 - 01/01/08 08:35 AM
Jordy

wow, I can't believe you can eat All Bran with cereal and all those dairy products. Lucky you!!

--------------------

Re: Pud-bump once more-nt new
      #321925 - 01/08/08 09:14 AM
Jordy

--------------------

Pud, please help!-nt new
      #322179 - 01/11/08 08:14 AM
Jordy

--------------------

#322216 - 01/12/08 05:13 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

I am so so so so sorry for not getting back to you... I didn't realize there was a post for me... I really wish we could use the private messaging feature... if you want to email me PuddleOfL0ve@Yahoo.com is my email address

The test he did was testing some sort of antibody test similar to the gluten test... apparently it is normal for that one to come back high... it was my regular dr who did the test after i asked him to... its actually my uncle because at the time i didnt have health insurance and he would do things for free or as cheap as possible.. anyway... somehow it was the wrong test and i should have gotten the biopsy done because that is the only way to be certain.. however i have a phobia of needles and the thought of getting an IV was enough for me to wait as long as possible... stupid stupid stupid... my recomendation is to go to a dr who has a slight clue of what celiac disease is and have them do the blood test and then get the biopsy... it is easier for me to change my diet than get the tests.. however for most people its not a big deal.. turns out that i have sibo and the fructose malabsorption diet is working for me... when i actually follow it...

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#322293 - 01/14/08 06:35 AM
Jordy

Quote:

The test he did was testing some sort of antibody test similar to the gluten test... apparently it is normal for that one to come back high

Hey, Pud! Nice to hear from you!

I still don't understand exactly what test you had done...so maybe I'll email you to see if you have the specific name. Do you mean that they tested you for gluten antibodies, but that the one most precise for CD was negative while the regular gluten antibodies were positive? I know you don't have celiac, but you do avoid wheat. Is this because you did test positive for some of the gluten antibodies and believe you are gluten intolerant? I'm so confused. My biopsy was negative too....but doesn't positive antibodies mean you still have to avoid gluten even though you don't have celiac disease?

--------------------

#322504 - 01/16/08 06:53 PM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

what is your email address... sometimes emails get sent to my bulk folder... i will scan thru for it... i have to find a copy of my bloodwork to tell you the name...

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#322544 - 01/17/08 08:53 AM
Jordy

I would be so grateful and appreciative! My email address is jordynicole@gmail.com. I hope you find the test results so we can see what exactly was tested.

Can I ask why you follow wheat free but not gluten free?

--------------------

#324720 - 02/14/08 08:03 AM
Jordy

Pud, did you forget about me? Please email me.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29013

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review