All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Sure new
      #320659 - 12/14/07 06:26 AM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

right now i'm keeping it simple and trying to avoid all foods that i am allergic to according to by blood test. For carbs I eat white and brown rice, quinoa, millet, gluten free cornbread, rice cereal w/ rice milk, sweet potatoes and red potatoes. for vegetables i eat green beans, spinach, squahsh, zucchini, tomatoes, avocados. for protein i eat turkey, chicken and salmon. I don't season with anything other than salt and olive oil. ive pretty much been stickin to this every day for 2 months and must say that i feel much better. I dont feel bloated and fatigues and the Biogest is a great enzyme supplement. hope that helps

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#320661 - 12/14/07 06:30 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

So, the constipation from the GF diet went away? I'm really surprised you stuck it out. You were so constipated without your wheat. How long did it take for you to become regular? I'm still so C with GF diet. Were you mainly D or C before the GF diet?

Do you eat any fruits? And what brand cornbread do you eat? Have you tried Glutino? That one is pretty good.

Is biogest a digestive enzyme?

How much Acacia are you up to now?

So happy for your "relief"!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#320670 - 12/14/07 06:54 AM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

hey jordy-

Yeah its took a few weeks but eventually the C went away - my doc told me the body goes into defense mode when you remove something that it becomes used to which explains the C.

You should try biogest and stick with the acacia. right now im still at 1/2 a teaspoon in the am because if i take more i bloat up really badly at the end of the day and never have a 2nd BM so i have to spend the whole night like that- i hope i can eventually increase it.

Biogest is a digestive enzyme and the only one that hasnt upset my stomach...i actually split the caps in half and that does works fine for me.

do u have celiacs or just a gluten sensitivity? how long have u been GF? it does take a while and everyone is different. you might also wanna take peppermint caps in the am before breakfast. have you gotten tested for allergies? you might be reacting to something else as well which might be preventing your C from getting better.

to jordy and jenny new
      #320672 - 12/14/07 06:55 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Aren't you getting bored of the diet at all? I'm following Heather's diet and eating mostly gluten free but do occasionally have some rye which is only wheat free. I am so bored of eating the same things and feel incredibly limited.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: to jordy and jenny new
      #320677 - 12/14/07 07:56 AM
Jordy

YES! I am bored, bored, bored. I guess I just don't rotate my diet enough...and I am really afraid of many veggies and fruits, corn based products, soy.... So, add that onto the EFI and the GF diet.

If you get inspirations or ideas, please share!

Hey Sarah, do you take any supplements? Like an SFS?

--------------------

#320678 - 12/14/07 08:00 AM
Jordy

So, you only take 1/2 tsp Acacia total for the day?

Do you eat any fruits?

And where do you find your brand digestive enzyme?

I do not have celiac. I tested neg on biopsy and I don't have the gene either. I have never been tested for allergies. Do you mean tests from a MD or something like enterolab or York? I've been GF for quite a while now. Seems like forever!
Thanks so much for your help.

--------------------

#320682 - 12/14/07 08:07 AM
welshsarah

Glad i'm not the only one! I'm avoiding most fruit and some veg and all beans because whenever i eat them i get the most offensive gas i'm embarrassed- even in front of my husband!

The only supplements i take is one probiotic pill with my evening meal. I have BMs without SFS. The only thing that affects my C apart from the dietary stuff is change in routine and stress.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#320685 - 12/14/07 08:11 AM
Jordy

Now beans, I will eat...go figure! I puree baked beans or lentils or use hummus. I always take some Gas Stop with them. Really help me "go" when I need to!

Have you ever tried an SFS? I hate them!

--------------------

#320686 - 12/14/07 08:20 AM
welshsarah

we don't have any gas stop products over here in the UK. They would be ideal!

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Re: to jordy and sarah new
      #320691 - 12/14/07 09:02 AM
Jordy

With the IBS diet and the GF diet, how do you manage going out to lunch with a friend? Or celebrating the holidays? Or just stopping in to see your grandma for dinner together?

I'm getting really depressed and sad at the thought of not ever being able to just eat. People in my life just don't understand.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review