All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Goat/Sheep Cheese
      #316380 - 10/10/07 08:11 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

I was wondering whether anyone has experience with other type of dairy besides cow milk such as goat or sheep. I'm reading this book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About IBS" by Richard Ash, M.D. He basically agrees that dairy should be banned but then says that occasionally one can have a small serving of goat or sheep cheese or feta cheese (I'm not sure what milk feta is made of). He describes that cow milk is too hard for humans to digest but the other milks are easier on our digestion. For daily consumption, however, he still recommends nut milks, rice milk, etc.

Have any of you tried these different cheeses and would you like to share your results? I do not plan on eating them on daily basis but it would be nice to be able to enjoy them sometimes.

Please don't tell me that according to EFI guidelines all dairy is a trigger. I do believe that everyone's different and we all can get away with different things. Even if you have negative experience with goat/sheep dairy I still appreciate your input very much. Thank you !

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Goat/Sheep Cheese new
      #316403 - 10/10/07 05:01 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

According to my "Natural Health" magazine, goat cheese doesn't have any casein in it, which can be a trigger for some folks when it comes to dairy products. I bought some goat cheese to try out on crackers and whatnot. They also have goat milk yogurt out there! I'll try the cheese and let you know if I have any adverse effects... I'm hoping it will all be fine! It's not like I'll be eating copious amounts of the stuff.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#316405 - 10/10/07 05:42 PM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

Isnt feta made with goat's milk, if that is not just a rumor I dont have any problems with it.
haley- IBS-C gets gas even from water

#316410 - 10/10/07 07:06 PM
Zara

Quote:

According to my "Natural Health" magazine, goat cheese doesn't have any casein in it, which can be a trigger for some folks when it comes to dairy products. I bought some goat cheese to try out on crackers and whatnot. They also have goat milk yogurt out there! I'll try the cheese and let you know if I have any adverse effects... I'm hoping it will all be fine! It's not like I'll be eating copious amounts of the stuff.

Yes please, let me know how it works for you (I hope it does)! I was looking for it at my local health store today but didn't see any. I'm planning on trying a different store next week so maybe I'll be lucky!

Quote:

Isnt feta made with goat's milk, if that is not just a rumor I dont have any problems with it.
haley- IBS-C gets gas even from water

I actually looked it up and you're right, feta is made of goat milk or sheep milk or a combination of both. So I'm so excited to hopefully be able to enjoy it now and then!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#316417 - 10/11/07 03:44 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

I have no problems at all with goats cheese. I find it very digestible. Have never tried sheeps cheese.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#316437 - 10/11/07 11:06 AM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

If you can tolerate some lactose, you can try. I wouldn't!!!!!!!!! I have complete intolerance.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#316442 - 10/11/07 11:44 AM
Zara

Quote:

I have no problems at all with goats cheese. I find it very digestible. Have never tried sheeps cheese.

Great, I'm glad you can tolerate goat cheese! That way there's more hope for me

Quote:

If you can tolerate some lactose, you can try. I wouldn't!!!!!!!!! I have complete intolerance.

I think I'll try it once my gut gets more stable. I had a pretty bad past couple of days so I wouldn't risk it now.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2490 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review