All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what do you think? id appreciate some advice
      #316305 - 10/09/07 02:31 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

hi guys, i would appreciate some andvice. at the moment i take immodium (2 caps) twice a week- i find i have 3 or 4 good days, 2 normal bms a day, then ill have a bad day- one lot of fairly bad d, but only once and then can get on with day, and when i have took my 2 immodium, then ill have another 3 or 4 good days. and same things happen. now tome this is quite positive, because i have much more good days than bad and i was thinking the immodium helps but obv my fibre and diet (dairy free etc, soluble fibre)is too, because the immodium used to only last one day and after my first bm its my fibre helping me to keep having normal bms for the next few days.
but i was talking with my mom (not a doctor i know) and she was saying perhaps its just the immodium lasts in my system for 3-4 days and runs out giving me bad d, i.e its not my fibre or diet, just the immodium. so now i feel i dont know if my hard efforts are working and if i am relying on tablets so much????
also i keep getting piles/ anal fissures because i go from d- normal- d again, does anone know if taking immodium increases these? i read somewhere that it tightens the spincture muscles?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what do you think? id appreciate some advice new
      #324363 - 02/08/08 04:56 PM
sidelined

Reged: 02/08/08

Hi there.
My first comment is that I am not a Dr, and this is strictly an opinion.
I would stop using the imodium, as far as I know imodium is for temporary D when you are in a kinda tight situation, you know like having to make a presentation at work or something. Also, I think it might just bung you up. It is probably making your IBS D worse. I suggest you get something more long term to treat you. Imodium isn't a long term treatment. You could be doing some harm to yourself without realizing, and that is the last thing we all need down there. After your system flushes out the imodium and you see a Dr. or follow the IBS diet you may get some relief instead of having these really bad up and down days of D. As for your fissures, I have really bad fissures too, they are really hard to heal. I just always use the flushable wipes and use zinc ointment or vit E oitment. My Dr gave me Anusol/Anugesic-HC (which is for hemorroids-of which I don't have) and the pain from this cream makes me go through the roof (I personally haven't had any luck with that creme. I hope you get some relief and some healing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5839 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 688

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review