All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Very new and very nervous
      #316236 - 10/08/07 09:11 AM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

HEY GUYS!!!
This is my first time to post so I hope I am doing it right....So I have had IBS-C( thanks for the info for newbies post ) for about 6 years. I have tried LOTS different diets/pill/supplements etc and obviously nothing has worked. I was getting monthly colonics because it was the only thing that gave me any sort of relief from the constant bloating and feeling full all the time. The woman who did the colonics told me NEVER to eat soy, wheat, or corn products, she said they constiapate and cause gas....Anyway for the past two years or so my diet has consisted of basically no carbs (because i was told that they constipate you),also no fruit, sugar, and I did have some dairy(either cheese or frozen-sugar free yougurt)but thats about it. So I mainly eat chicken, eggs, veggies, salad on all romaine lettuce and then a little dairy. Any way, I am married to a personal trainer and we are really active people(we work out about 5-6 days a week). I have been extremely frustrated though because according to "trainers" and todays craze I felt like I was doing everything right....working out, eating super low carb..etc and I still cant drop these last 10 lbs(which I am sure only having a BM every three days or so didnt help). Im not overweight but I do NOT want to gain any weight....so long story short.... I am VERY scared that this type of eating will make me gain weight as I have not had ANY of the foods listed on the safe list in about 3 years.....any advice????
Im on day 4 and my clothes are feeling tight.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Very new and very nervous new
      #316246 - 10/08/07 10:26 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

Hello,

I started this diet back in April/May and I have cut out dairy and have substituted it with both rice and soy products. I do not use artificial sugars and i have limited my wheat products. I work out a lot, have done marathon and triathalons and have always ate healthy. I used to eat only wheat products and stayed away from white bread,pastas and rice. I am also pretty tiny to begin with, So just like you I was leary about starting this diet, but the results thus far have been amazing. I have been feeling so much better and I dont have attacks often at all. I eat ALOT of carbs which should be a main stable in your diet. With this diet, I have acutally lost an unwanted 10lbs. Now that I am more stable and feeling better, I am trying to put the 10lbs back on. But honestly this diet is healthy and carbs are not bad for you at all. I would give the diet a shot and see how much it helps

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Re: Very new and very nervous new
      #316302 - 10/08/07 07:40 PM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

thanks for the reply....yeah i do not want to gain as i am trying to loose the last unwanted 10 lbs as well. But as I said I have been on a very low carb diet for about 3 years and now i am scared about starting this.....can you give me an example of what you eat in a day. for me this is about as much carbs as i can handle without having an anxiety attack..am i even doing it right??
Breakfast: wheatfree toaster waffles with 1 tbs on all natural pb on it
snack: maybe a luna bar or a few rice cakes
lunch: white rice and some grilled chicken
snack: carrot sticks
dinner: some eggwhites in a low carb-(white) tortilla
(honestly for me, right now at least, I cannot fathom eating anything with more than like 7 carbs after 4pm)
does that look like Im following it pretty much?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review