All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Venting
      #316230 - 10/08/07 08:21 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hello. I'm really sorry but i need to vent. Just before i went on holidays i was starting to get stable by following the EFI diet and a wheat-free diet and then i went on holidays. I wasn't too bad whilst i was there. However, as soon as i got back i was on night shifts so had permanent nausea. Started to feel ok on the friday. But then friday evening i went out and drank far too much red wine (very frustrated with myself) so Saturday was horrendous. Plus i ate red meat Sat evening because my husband desperately wanted me to cook some and i felt guilty because i never cook it. Then on Sunday i started to feel better again in the afternoon and then i had salad because it was all that was in the house and no shops were open nearby so that caused painful gas and bloating. And then i had rye crackers which are pure wholegrain. And now it's monday and my stomach is feeling really irritated and sore. The worst part of all this is that it's self- inflicted!!! Can anyone relate? I feel like a loser right now and really weak and rubbish. Thanks for listening. xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Venting new
      #316234 - 10/08/07 08:41 AM
horseperson

Reged: 02/08/07

Oh yes.....I went to the local fair (we live in a small town and the show chickens are awsome!) I knew I'd be hungry, but figured I could manage so didn't eat before, or take anything with me. Well, I got really hungry, and my well meaning husband suggested a slice of cheese pizza. Well, I used to eat pizza all the time, so I figured why not. Boy oh boy oh boy...I paid for that mistake all night and most of The next day! I'm glad I'm not the only one who self inflicts occasionally!!!

#316292 - 10/08/07 05:42 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to a lot of us. I think we get fooled into thinking we can handle something if we are stable or if we haven't had a bad attack in a while. It's like we can't recall how miserable it can be until we have another horrific episode and then swear that we'll never cheat again. For you it sounds like you went overboard with way too many things consecutively. You might be able to handle say a slice of pizza while you're out if you only eat a few bites of the cheese and then all crusts. I know technically you're not supposed to have it at all, but you may be able to tolerate that little bit. My family all knows to pass me their crusts when they are done so this way I don't have to order 3 slices, scrape off the cheese, and eat the dough to feel full!

What probably put you over the edge was that the eating of triggers snowballed and now your system is out of whack. Be careful, b/c you can become unstable that way. Let your gut calm down significantly by being diligent for at least a full week and then if let's say you make steak for your husband, make chicken for yourself or just eat the veggies/side dish and have a sliver of the meat. My husband is a meat lover but he's not home often for dinner so I rarely make it for my children and me, but when I do, I just eat lots of everything else and then a couple of pieces of meat and I'm okay. (*However, I have not been feeling that stable this month so I have not done this at all. My stomach has been rocky so I can't even take a chance. ONLY do it if you are in a very stable period.) With that said, I repeat...don't be so hard on yourself. Just try to keep that image of how miserable you feel this week in your mind and then you won't cheat at all. Feel better.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#316312 - 10/09/07 07:35 AM

Unregistered

Do I ever hear you!! I had a bad weekend myself....I have just started to stabilize then Saturday I ate pizza & went out drinking, I was ok Sunday, but Monday I overindulged in too much at Panera and boy did I pay for it last night, I'm exhausted today....I'd like to say it was worth it but it sure wasn't cause my stomach is a wreck today, I couldn't even take my daughter to school, thank goodness for her stepdad, I'm pretty mad at myself today too, at least we can be mad together!

#316374 - 10/10/07 04:16 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Yay! Thank you all for your replies! I really, really appreciate it. It's so good to know that i'm not the only one who does such things. I think i just find it SO hard to be disciplined to stick with the diet when i'm really tired and feeling under the weather and there's family pressures.

Line415, thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Much appreciated.

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

No problem. Have a good day! n/t new
      #316459 - 10/11/07 02:54 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1810

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review