All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am confused...
      #315236 - 09/18/07 01:48 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

So, a new girl joined our team at work. I was so excited when I found out that she's IBS with C. I didn't know about this website then so I had no one to talk to. I told her how happy I was to have met her, invited her to go out to eat for lunch and chat more. This girl hasn't spoken to me since nor did she respond to my emails. She does seem friendly to anyone else but me. Did I overwhelm her? Was I too nice? I was just happy that I could discuss IBS with someone! I don't understand what I did wrong. If I see her in the hall, she says nothing.

I was just disappointed. I learned a lesson: just because you share disease with someone, doesn't mean they'd want to talk to you.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am confused... new
      #315256 - 09/18/07 07:52 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

You know, I'd put some of that on her. She obviously felt confident enough to mention her IBS, but now that she's shared that information, maybe she is embarrassed.

Or maybe she's just weirded out that you were enthusiastic about it. I mean, I wouldn't be weirded out; I'd be happy to have someone to talk with about it. But not everyone is as okay with talking about IBS as I am (and as you apparently are, too.)

Re: I am confused... new
      #315265 - 09/18/07 09:54 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

Yeah, IBS is kind of an embarrassing thing to have and talk about, because it relates to POO. I've brought it up at work before, and no one knew what it was except for one woman whose daughter has colitis. I don't go into detail about it with people who don't know what it is. I just say I have a sensitive stomach, and a lot of foods make me sick... But if there was someone at work who admitted to having IBS, I would probably want to be their buddy! Strength in numbers, you know?

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5929 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1171

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review