All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bloating
      #315110 - 09/16/07 11:43 AM
vakay

Reged: 08/05/07

Hi Everyone,
I was diagnosed about 5 years ago with IBS. Pretty much my only symptom at this point is the BLOATING. I live in Virginia and it is extremely hot and humid in the the summer months. As a result, my bloating is horrible... I look like I am 5 months pregnant. I just ordered the Acacia Fiber, and Peppermint capsules. Everyone mentions the Fennel tea, but I am one of the unfortunate people who hate the taste of licorice. I could not find any posts on whether there has been luck with fennel capsules or should I just hold my nose and down the tea? Can you even buy fennel capsules and does Heather plan on including them in her Tummy store any time soon?
Hoping for cooler whether in VA!!!
Vakay

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bloating new
      #315123 - 09/16/07 05:09 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Do you like ginger? Ginger tea is also good for ya. There are these ginger chews that are good for queasy feelings, and you can take one and drop it in a hot cup of water to make ginger tea if you don't feel like peeling real ginger root to make it.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#315125 - 09/16/07 06:59 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Aww, Vakay I hate the humidity! I know how you feel, it just adds more misery to an already miserable situation. I'm sorry you don't like fennel, personally, I don't like it a lot, but I don't mind it. I even went as far as to crush fennel seeds and put them in a tea ball to steep (this was years ago). Fennel never worked very well for my bloating, anyway. So I've stuck with peppermint. It works better for me, but I haven't been able to get the peppermint caps yet from Heather's site, so I just drink peppermint tea that I can get at my grocery store.

Sometimes generic extra strength Gas-X works for my bloating. I can get really bad bloating too, where I look several months' pregnant. Also, I've done some stretches too to get the circulation moving through my gut and mabye motivate the gas to pass through, too.

Sometimes I've eaten fat-free saltines, don't know if that really helps a lot or not, but if hunger pangs are underneath my bloating, that can at least ease that.

Lastly, although not very desirable in an already humid environment, I've taken warm baths or put a heat pack on my tummy. If anything, it'll ease the gas pains, if not the bloating part.

HTH, and I really hope you feel better. Take care.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#315147 - 09/17/07 04:00 AM
vakay

Reged: 08/05/07

Thanks for the advice Sommer and Wendy...
The strange thing is I have no pain, just the bloating. My doc believes my gut is just over senitive to the food being present. There is no bloating upon waking, but the minute I eat anything, looks like someone pumped me up. I will try the ginger and peppermint. I am also hoping yoga will give me some relief. Thanks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 967 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1744

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review