All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fellow Aussies - any advice on Uncle Tobys Oat Brits?
      #315104 - 09/16/07 08:13 AM
MuffinFan

Reged: 09/16/07

Hi - I've been looking for a really quick breakfast (such as cereal) that doesn't require any cooking in the morning, and Uncle Tobys has recently released Oat Brits. Has anyone tried them yet, and if so what are your thoughts? Are they pretty much just as safe for the stomach as regular oats are?

Thanks for reading.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fellow Aussies - any advice on Uncle Tobys Oat Brits? new
      #315131 - 09/16/07 08:10 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Mmm, Oat Brits, sounds like a british person made of oats, lol. I'm not an Aussie, and as far as I know, Oat Brits don't exist in the SW U.S. where I am. Have you checked the ingredients? I just did a google search for 'Uncle Toby's Oat Brits' but I didn't really get anything that would give me the ingredient list. The closest I got was for Uncle Toby's Vita Brits and it did show the basic nutrition label info (calories, fat, etc.).

What I try to do when looking at cereals (hot or cold) is ingredients and preparation. Are Oat Brits similar to Cheerios? Here's a link for Cheerios if they don't carry those in Australia. http://www.cheerios.com/ourCereals/ourcereals_home.aspx The one I'm referring to is the yellow box on the far left, they are just Oats shaped into O's. Though I've eaten the Noney Nut variety in the past, that was before IBS struck.

Oats usually treat me pretty well.

Those Oat Brits sound kinda good, too. Dangit, now I'm craving cereal and I just ate dinner. Lol!

Sorry I couldn't help you more. If you try them, let us know how it goes for you.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#315152 - 09/17/07 08:21 AM
MuffinFan

Reged: 09/16/07

Thanks for the reply.

I bought a box of them, but am hesitant to try them until the weekend in case I have a reaction to them (which is never a good thing before leaving for work).

There isn't much written on the box in the way of ingredients - this is what it has: WHOLE GRAIN CEREALS (99%) [UNCLE TOBYS OATS (56%), WHEAT], SALT.

They are exactly like Vita Brits, only made with oats - they break up and soften when you put them in milk. Anyway, I'll be sure to report back here with how they are on Saturday.

#315172 - 09/17/07 01:26 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Hey,

I haven't tried these - but I am Australian! - and I keep meaning to pick them up; so far I can still stand hot oatmeal... actually I always boil my breakfast to pretty much burn my mouth for some reason but am keen to know about these cause sometimes hot breakfasts just aren't the go.

Suppose it depends if the wheat is whole or not.... good luck!!! I hope they're a winner!!!!

Jodie

#315439 - 09/22/07 04:29 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Hey - I'm super curious to hear what they're like, have you tried them yet?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1746 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1943

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review