All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I know this sounds weird.....
      #315074 - 09/15/07 09:48 PM
Loriann

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: coastal southern California

I haven't posted on this forum for a while, but I have a strange question! We went on vacation to Mammoth Mountain in California. It is at an elevation of about 9,000 feet. While we were there (and it happened last year too), I had a lot of trouble with gas and bloating and it hurt more than normal. My intestines just felt really sensitive and irritable than normal. My Levsin, that I take occasionally, didn't even help. Has anyone ever had this problem? I don't know if I want to go back again since it's happened 2 years in a row! Could high elevation cause that? It does make the products you bring with you blow up! and bags of chips and such look like balloons!
Lori

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know this sounds weird..... new
      #315075 - 09/15/07 10:05 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I don't really know the answer to this question, but I'm guessing that it is the elevation, especially with the mention about the bag of chips blowing up! I'm no expert, by any means, though.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#315077 - 09/15/07 10:22 PM
fud4me

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: Texas

I just got back from my yearly vacation to Colorado. Hiking in the high elevations does the same thing to me. I ate safe but it didn't really seem to matter. I was given a hint by a fellow hiker that eating smaller meals than you usually do can help. I tried AND kept my Imodium close at hand. I have had a problem every year I have been there but it is not enough to keep me from going again next year! I always remember to carry plenty of TP in my backpack just in case! Cheers!

#315087 - 09/15/07 11:54 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Doesn't sound like a weird question to me, actually sounds like it just may possibly make sense. High elevation affects the human body in various ways. But I honestly hadn't heard of an increase in problems with bloating/gas, but it makes sense. Wish I could give you a more direct, exact answer. But I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation. Just try to prepare for it just in case, I guess and hopefully you can relax and have fun. I haven't been on a vacation in years. Take one for me please! LOl

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1780

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review