All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Sommer (Snob) Re: Tatyana new
      #315127 - 09/16/07 07:20 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

UGH!! Ooh, I'm just raging mad after I read your post. Your fiance's friend told him that about you? Ugh, ugh, ugh! (Insert numerous and various expletives including made up ones here). I can't even begin to think how to react to comments like that. That is just plain, downright rude for people, grown people of all things, to say such things to you.

Because they are co-workers, you can't completely ignore them (unfortunately). But you're better off. You're taking care of yourself as best as you can, and you're not stooping to their level to be mean and rude, and disrespectful. I guess the best you can do is try to be content with your 'lot in life' so to speak. They obviously aren't content with theirs and are acting like children.

Everyone with IBS is different, so if some of them have IBS, maybe they either don't care about taking care of themselves, or they are just lucky or something. That gives them no right to put you down.

And, I really hope your fiance doesn't feel the same way his friend does about you. Imho you shouldn't be in a relationship with someone, let alone marry them, if they can't respect you and love you for who you are and how hard you try to take care of yourself. You know you aren't skinny on purpose. I've only met you recently through reading your posts, I think you're a really great person, beautiful inside and out. I hope this behavior you have to deal with from other people will not affect you too badly, I know it's hard not to stress over it. Every muscle in my body is tense with anger after reading what you had to say, so I can imagine how you must feel about it. *HUGS*

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sommer (Snob) new
      #315128 - 09/16/07 07:38 PM
Sommer

Heh, like totally! You said it, DianeM. It's sad though to see and hear so many adults acting so immature. None of them should be allowed to have or raise children, the last thing we need is future generations of jerks. Ya know, Tatyana was called a snob, I think these people we all have to deal with who make rude comments and snide remarks, and faces at us are the true snobs. Close-minded snobs, in fact.

And you're right, too, how do people who are in shape stay in shape? Hah! They keep working out, walking, going to the gym, etc., and they eat as healthy as they can.

*Sigh, grumble...* Sorry I had to vent some more. Thanks for posting to me. I appreciate the support a lot.

--------------------

Re: Snob? new
      #315132 - 09/16/07 08:35 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

I have the same problem. I am skinny (5'7'' and 110 lbs.) and always get comments about my weight. "Well, I can't friggin eat as much as you!!" is what i want to say.

The only comments I usually get at work about my eating restrictions are: "you poor thing" when we have a dairy eating party at work (read: cake and ice cream...) and "go girl! eat eat eat" when they see me snacking at my desk. How lame? Like my diet is anyone's business in the first place.

So good luck with all the hecklers. There are lots of those in life! My idea is that anyone who makes a disparaging remark about someone else is most likely doing it out of jealousy. Example: you're thin, they're not! So let THEM deal with their insecurities, and just know that you are a better person for not feeling the need to talk down to someone, or make someone feel like a freak for acting/being/eating a certain way.

More power to you for sticking to your diet and not eating a junky donut just because everyone else is!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

My thoughts exactly caitlineb, and I love your quote ::P np new
      #315134 - 09/16/07 08:44 PM
Sommer

--------------------

To Sommer new
      #315143 - 09/16/07 10:19 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Sommer. You are the sweetest girl, do you know that? I am just about to go to bed and decided to check the msg board. No, my fiance thinks that I am perfect the way I am and he says I look like balarina. I woke up this morning as he was whispering into my ear, saying that I am delicate, fragile and one of the most beautiful women in the world. That certainly made my day, week or a month!

You too sound like an amazing person and I hope you have somone who appreciates you and loves you.

Take care.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

To caitlineb new
      #315144 - 09/16/07 10:24 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Thank you so much! I am 5'7 and I weigh 105 now. This is the lowest I've been ever.. I am 25 now and when I was 16 I used to weigh 123. Oh, I loved my weight then! But, I cannot help it and no matter how much I want to be heavier, it is not going to happen, especially if I stress about it, I am going to loose even more weight. And my every day walking also burns off all of my calories. But, I would choose being skinny over being over weight, don't you think?

LOL.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#315159 - 09/17/07 10:30 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

You know, people like your coworkers and your fiance's "friend" is just living proof that there are more horses asses than there are horses.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#315177 - 09/17/07 04:14 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You guys are funny I'm loving reading all these responses! Every other Friday is donut day here at work, and I don't touch the things. I have told my coworkers that I'm allergic to dairy, and that usually takes care of things! I also get the "put some fat on your bones" remark when I say I'm cold, but I know they're just jealous

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: To caitlineb new
      #315183 - 09/17/07 05:31 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

The "heaviest" I've ever been is something like 121...

Does anyone know how to gain muscle weight? I don't want to blow up on fatty foods (mostly because those make me sick to my stomach) but muscle weight might help me out a bit. I have back problems and my chiropractor tells me that being comprised of skin and bones does not help my situation. If only going to the gym weren't such a chore!

Tatyana, if we lived in the same city, we'd totally be hanging out.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

Re: To caitlineb
      #315184 - 09/17/07 06:07 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

You don't have to go to the gym to bulk up. By bulking up I don't mean that you're trying to be Ms. Olympia but I'm guessing you mean you want to tone up, get some definition. There are physical strength excercises that will do just that without having to by weights, etc. Situps (tummy), squats and lunges (legs, thighs, butt), and push ups/pull ups (biceps, triceps, forearms). Turbo Jam DVDs are excellent for this.

If everyone here were in NY, we'd all be totally hanging out and making fun of everyone who just can't seem to get their act together and eat healthy!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5484 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26076

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review