All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Aromatherapy and hydrotherapy rocks
      #31489 - 12/11/03 06:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I went to our local health food store here and the lady suggested Essential Oils for my chronic sinus probs. So I bought the oils and I also bought a vaporizer! It's FANTASTIC! I used to use a nebulizer for my asthma...but tihs is SO MUCH BETTER!

First off, it's this beautiful blue box with Asian patterns in gold on the side. It has a nozel you can use to direct where the air comes out. It makes a dripping sound like water flowing a lake...so PEACEFUL! And, the bottom has a blue light (cheesy...but I dig it!) I feel SO PAMPERED!

I remember about a year ago when I read Heather's book for the first time. Hypnotherapy, acupuncture, therapeutic heat, etc...I thought that stuff was NOT FOR ME! What a change! LOL

I just want to recommend aremotherapy and hydrotherapy as just another way to relax! This is SO SOOTHING! I think I could become addicted to this very quickly

Thank you Heather and everyone on the board for helping me learn to relax...especially ShawnEric!!! You're all WONDERFUL!

Heather and ShawnEric, thank you for showing me that relaxation is a crucial part of life...not just a luxury...and it's not a selfish thing. It's a HEALTHY thing!

Here's to RELAXING!

Love y'all!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aramotherapy and hydrotherapy rocks new
      #31493 - 12/11/03 06:36 PM
evie

Reged: 11/22/03

I'm really happy for you Ruchie! Yeah, relaxation is NOT a luxury when you cannot function due to lack of it. Take good care of yourself. You'll lose more if you don't, and you'll have more to gain and more to give if you do. Good for you for seeing that!

*evie

#31596 - 12/12/03 10:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Evie! It's so true...if you don't take care of yourself, you lose more in the long run.....

Just curious, what do you do to relax?

Happy Friday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#31665 - 12/12/03 09:42 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Ruchie , I am very happy you are learning these things, thats great. They will pay off in the long run for sure.

I am glad I could be of some help.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#31720 - 12/13/03 02:41 PM
Snow for Sarala

This board is saving my life...

My whole world was crumbling by being sick all the time. I lost a job because I was sick and was not able to be there...sometimes days at a time!

I can't say I'm not sick anymore...but I'm building my immune system...and one of the best ways to do that is to RELAX!

Thank you for encouraging me to try new things and for not giving up on me...you always knew I'd get there!!!!!!!

Always,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#31753 - 12/14/03 12:51 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Ruchie...that's really cool that you're learning to relax. It's so important. I've gotta find myself some me time. I just seem to work and sleep atm - I spent my day off yesterday sleeping for 20 hours!!!

#31792 - 12/14/03 11:46 AM
shawneric

Ruchie, did you incorporate and use those techniques for relaxing your stomach muscles yet?

--------------------

ShawnEric... new
      #31892 - 12/15/03 08:05 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm not so sure I understood the directions! Is there an image of what to do that I can look at? (I'm glad you asked...I never would have admitted this on my own...)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: 20 hours of sleep new
      #31893 - 12/15/03 08:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

20 hours...wow! Good for you! I hope you're ok though...I can only sleep about 15 hours...even when I'm sick!

I hope you can quit your job soon....

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#31934 - 12/15/03 12:05 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

20 hours!! I want some!!!! hehehe!! I seem to be in a work,eat,sleep mode too,i have such a busy head at the moment,so much to learn with the new job,IBS has gone crazy, with nerves etc,grrrrr! Hoping to go do some pampering to help me chill out a little!!

--------------------
Morven

#31943 - 12/15/03 12:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

Congrats on your new job! That's so exciting! What does it entail?

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: ShawnEric... new
      #32092 - 12/16/03 08:41 AM
shawneric

Ruchie, nope no diagram, but I am pretty sure if you reread it again carefully and try it it will help after some practice.

Here it is.

"Mike suggests How to Relax Your Tummy Muscles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Firstly you have identified that your stomach is not relaxing. However you knwo it can, becuase you have done it in the past. OK so just take a few mo's and study your breathing..
If your chest rises when you breathe in then you are taking big breaths, not deep breaths which you should be
A deep breathe is when you chest stays still, and your tummy moves out.

To get it as it as it should:
First lie down. Put a book on your tummy, and breathe your breathe into your tummy and feel the book begining to rise. (Don't force your tummy muscles out - let the breath fill your tummy )
You will have to concentrate a little to start with. Do this with your eyes open.

Once you are doing that comfortably, put the book on your chest. breathe into your tummy and keep the book still. Your tummy should move, not your chest. This happens quite naturally at night when we sleep - (assuming you don't have any breathing health problems)
Do this with your eyes open too.

When you have mastered that, put the book back onto your tummy, take gentle breaths and breathe into your tummy under the book again. This time with your eyes closed.
Then after 6 successful deep breathes, open your eyes, put the book back on your chest, close your eyes and let the breathe go into the tummy again, chest remaining still.

OK, When you can do this, do it without the book. You will notice a difference in the calming, and your stomach relaxing. To help think of each breathe having a relaxing colour, and the colour relaxes your stomach even more.
Try this a few times a day and let me know how you go on. This is just gentle control of breathing patterns. So easy, we do it in our sleep anyway
Mike"

--------------------

Re: Aromatherapy and hydrotherapy rocks new
      #32216 - 12/16/03 05:25 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Ruchie,
Kaz makes a personal steamer which you can put a little essential oil in with water and and then you put your face into a a plastic mask so the steam can really get inside your sinuses. I found this really helpful. I think you can do the same thing with a bowl of steaming water and a towel.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 837 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1272

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review