All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: mfrat - I will have to try that, too! : new
      #315083 - 09/15/07 11:22 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

I'm currently taking antibiotics and have found Silk brand soy yogurt to be a fairly tasty (but a bit expensive) way to get my gut bacteria back. I've tried all the flavors and I usually enjoy soy yogurt as often as I can afford to (even when I'm not taking antibiotics) now I will have to try it on oatmeal! Thanks for the idea!

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quaker Simple Harvest Instant Multigrain - High in IF new
      #315109 - 09/16/07 10:48 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

This really sounds delicious, but it would be too high in IF (whole wheat, whole flaxseed, whole grain rye) for me. Instant D! I know whole wheat bothers a lot of IBSers too. But maybe a small serving with a good hunk of white bread or an SFS beforehand would be okay for some IBS-Cers?

#315130 - 09/16/07 07:59 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Nod, Maria! Maria! (I love that name), you are very correct. About 1-3 times a week I sneak in some IF. But I have to be careful too, or I get cramps, knotted, twisting cramps. Like I really like Malt O' Meal hot cereal, Maple and Brown Sugar, but I have to be careful with that, too. Hmm, I suppose adding a dosage of Acacia would help in these situations?

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

#315182 - 09/17/07 05:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Are you saying you only eat IF a couple times a week? As Heather says "please do eat it!" Yes acacia fiber with your food works great. I believe Heather has said she carries fiber pills for eating out or in tough situations. I always have my fiber with breakfast and so I could handle something like simple harvest or a grainier cereal. It is always best to go with the easier to digest IF like oats rather than the hard like wheat.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3352 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4200

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review