Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
In a lot of pain
      #314418 - 09/01/07 05:22 AM
Christian Bale

Reged: 01/17/07
Loc: Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Hello all

At the moment I'm really struggling. I would say this is my worst set back since discovering Heather's diet in January of this year.
I'm suffering from quite painful abdominal cramps; it's always worse in the morning. Sleeping and IBS don't seem to mix well for me.
So like any IBS sufferer worth their salt I have gone on the most basic of diets; for the last two days (today is the third day) I have eaten nothing but white bread and drank peppermint tea. Yesterday I pushed the boat out a bit and had a bowl of rice krispies with soya milk.
I feel quite down at the moment, it seems like I can't eat anything without my stomach been in pain, and even though I have restricted my diet I still don't seem to be getting any results.
In fairness I did go through a bit of a silly stage. I was on holiday 3 weeks ago and decided, after a few bland days, to indulge on non-IBS food. I guess I haven't really been right since then and last weekend I had a pizza. I realise my mistakes and I'm trying to get back on track but is it usual for the stomach to take so long to settle again? As I said it's getting to me at the moment.
I would appreciate anyone't insight into my current plight!

Kind regards as always

Tim

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: In a lot of pain new
      #314423 - 09/01/07 09:49 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi Christian. When I have a setback--and setback for me doesn't necessarily mean unsafe foods, my setbacks are from over eating safe foods and not realizing that certain safe foods aren't that safe for me (I'm still in the learning stage)--my stomach will be upset for several days. For example, I've been having D cramps since this past Tuesday night, Wednesday morning I had D, and then again last night and at 4 AM this morning. I don't know what caused the D earlier in the week (I'd been eating the same thing for like 3 days in a row), but I know what caused the D on Friday and this morning. I think I'm back to some normalcy now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Re: In a lot of pain new
      #314425 - 09/01/07 09:52 AM
aworkman307

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Krum, TX

I stay in a state on constent pain from my IBS-D...with the help of heathers diet my D has slowed down to almost 2 a day which is great from the 10-14 times i was going everyday..But even thought it has slowed as much as it has i am still in pain....I'm not sure which is worse the constent pain or the anxiety attacks......somedays i just wanna pull my hair at least it would be a gentle distraction form they way I suffer now.....My Dr.s have NO answers for expect hear try this drug or that drug none of which work....So here i am frustrated right along with you
Sorry i wasn't of any help at all.

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/aworkman307

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 567 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review