All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
for the one who does not take anything & goes by the diet only...
      #314245 - 08/29/07 08:11 PM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

hi, i have some questions for you because i'm curious: what is your daily plan since you don't take anything such as fiber supplements, drugs, etc.? what do you eat? do you exercise? how do you ease your pain? are you regulated now? maybe you can help me because it is very difficult to get regulated and i go all morning. thank you very much for listening!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: for the one who does not take anything & goes by the diet only... new
      #314248 - 08/29/07 08:34 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I don't take any kind of medication, only gas-x sometimes for gas. I take herb "beano" before I eat veggies and it does help with gas. But I take nothing on daily basis. I like to walk after I eat; that helps me with upper abdomen pain and fullness. I noticed that if I sit still after I eat, my stomach keeps hurting, even if I had a very safe meal. Moving around does help. Yes, there are days when you have spazms and cramps and it hurts to move or twist your abdomen. I use heating pad every day. I even bring it to work and put it between my back and a chair. My back hurts a lot with IBS and heating pad makes it so much better throughout a day! I have one of those plug in heating pads. I am scared of taking any medicine because my body doesn't respond well to any kind of medication. Like someone said on the message board, "as long as I keep eating boring (safe) foods, I live almost pain free". And it's hard for me because I get tired of food very fast. Today I was at the store and I felt like I was passing out from the lack of food. I run out of imagination, I don't know what to eat anymore. When I get real weak, I have to remind myself to eat or die. My IBS is with constipation so I really don't know how to stop you from "going". I am lucky if I "go" everyday.

Thanks.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#314250 - 08/29/07 09:09 PM
badtzjack

Reged: 05/08/07
Loc: NEW YORK

hi, TATYANA,
thank you for your input; i know how you feel about eating. i don't know what to eat anymore either and i feel i'm becoming inured to food. it's almost as if food is becoming a sad memory and eventually i won't miss it at all one day. i have dropped so much weight that i'm just eating for survival. i use a heating pad too because my lower back hurt a great deal, but now it doesn't anymore and i sure wonder how that let up. if i only i could discover the mystery of stopping my colon hurting. i still use the heating pad merely for comfort's sake. and you're right, it is worse sitting down and feels better walking. (i am going to dare to try sit-ups soon) it's very confusing and scary to wake everyday not knowing what kind of pain you'll be in and that the doctors can't truly help you! i find it ironic that if a person has their instestines ripped out by a severe accident they can pack them back in, but they can't discover a way to make the bowels work normal again when a person has IBS.

often i wish for death instead of living like this, but somehow i still want to survive. when i feel somewhat better, i feel determined to find an answer to control my pain; there must be a way. (i don't believe in the mental control for the pain, so i don't pay attention to that part. my bowels have nothing to do with my mind!)

heck, if there was no pain involved and just irregularity, who would mind so much? here's hoping that all of us can find the answer to being pain free.

thanks again.

#314257 - 08/29/07 09:22 PM
TATYANA

Rebecca,
Thank you so much for your response. I feel your pain and I too get depressed a lot because I look at people and they live normal life, eat all kinds of junk. My sister wants me to meet her boyfriend but she told me not to mention my food allergies over the table because she think he will think I am weird. And she is 30 years old. I was so hurt when she said that. I try so hard not to talk a lot about IBS to people around me because I know that they must be sick of hearing it. I try to keep it to myself but it's hard. My b/f is diabetic and has his own problems. Untill I found this website I felt alone and confused. Now I know that there are people like me and I know I'm not alone. Tonight I am "testing" soy. I ate half a small cup of soy yogurt and hoping for a good response. Previously it made me sick but I decided to try it again. Most non-dairy foods have soy in them and if I can't tolerate soy, I have very small selection of foods to eat.
Don't be sad, you're not alone. You can email me also. My email is under my profile. Good night and take care.
Tatyana.

--------------------

#314260 - 08/29/07 09:44 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

It all gets very depressing but try to remember there are a hell of a lot of things out there worse and more life-threatening than IBS. Millions of people out there would be willing to swap their physical, mental or social problems for IBS. We need to stay positive and be grateful for the things we do have.

#314268 - 08/30/07 07:06 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Quote:

It all gets very depressing but try to remember there are a hell of a lot of things out there worse and more life-threatening than IBS. Millions of people out there would be willing to swap their physical, mental or social problems for IBS. We need to stay positive and be grateful for the things we do have.

If I had a $1 for everytime I heard that. Though I do understand that there are folks that are worst off than me, I don't know any of them and right now it's just me that I worry about.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Amen, Wendy! new
      #314271 - 08/30/07 07:35 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

there are a hell of a lot of things out there worse and more life-threatening than IBS. Millions of people out there would be willing to swap their physical, mental or social problems for IBS

I feel that the severity of my IBS is taking my life away....little by little, day by day as I continue to battle this pain. And there is no end....no cure....it's just a mystery fight.

I'd swap my "condition" for someone else's as well. You can't preach to people unless you live in the severity of the pain they feel. You may not have a life-altering case of IBS....but for those who suffer every day, it hurts to have people tell us how much better we are than other people. We sure don't feel like it.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Amen, Wendy! new
      #314292 - 08/30/07 10:51 AM
Gaia

Reged: 11/16/06
Loc: NY

There are days when I feel like I'm dying inside. The pain is debilitating. I cry and want to just give up. I'm not suicidal but some days it would be easier to die than to go through the grueling pain this condition gives me. Do I want someone else's illness? No. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I have been given a huge health challenge and I pray for the strength to meet it. I am doing everything I can think of to help myself. So far, no luck, but I'm not giving up.

Re: Amen, Wendy! new
      #314308 - 08/30/07 12:10 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

I wasn't trying to undermine the way people feel or p**s anyone off. I'm sorry I managed to. I'll stop spouting about keeping a sense of proportion.

To kgqx230 new
      #314316 - 08/30/07 01:04 PM
TATYANA

We're not mad, nobody is. I think we're just frustrated, that's all. There are days when I get optimistic and say that at least I can walk or eat at all, but there are days when I am depressed no matter what. I understand where you're coming from. You must be having one of those "good" days without much pain or simply you're an optimist, no matter what you go through. Take care.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5356

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review