All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Fennel Tea
      #313855 - 08/24/07 10:44 AM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

I have Heather's fennel tea, delivered a short while ago.

Wlondering how many cups should I drink per day and assuming I use an 8 ounce cup then it is a bag for cup? The fennel tea from Heather is much larger than available locally.

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel Tea new
      #313860 - 08/24/07 10:52 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I drink two cups a day and I fill my travel mug which is probably about 16 oz and at night before going to bed I'll drink about 12 oz. I use 1 bag for each and let it steep for about 7 minutes--sometimes longer if I forget!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313863 - 08/24/07 11:07 AM
ArtKen

Okay, thank for info.

#313885 - 08/25/07 02:27 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I love the fennel tea and I hope it works for you too. I drink 2 cups first thing in the morning then throughout the day I may drink a few more cups. I use the bulk fennel and steep a whole pot at a time. Sometimes I add a little mint tea with it. Have you tried it with honey? I like it that way too.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#313896 - 08/25/07 09:08 AM
ArtKen

Okay, thanks for reply. I have also tried it with honey and enjoy. I may try it also with mint tea as I do have some although I flind mint tea on it's own not much help.

#313910 - 08/25/07 12:09 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

Where is a good place to get fennel tea besides the online stuff from Heather? Anyone have any brand suggestions? I've been on the lookout for some, but haven't found anything!

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#313928 - 08/25/07 05:50 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I don't think I've ever seen Fennel Tea aside from Heather's, but I have seen Fennel seed and maybe you can get those and brew it up.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313931 - 08/25/07 07:29 PM

Unregistered

I love the tea very much and it really does work on calming the stomach, but I have an odd side effect from it. Maybe it comes from only drinking water for so many years. I know it's decaf, I get very hyper and jittery on it, anyone else? I know I'm weird. I react to everything. I put it aside for a while and tried it again last week and sure enough hyper again. And darn it I like the tea a lot!

#313935 - 08/25/07 08:38 PM
Laura Renee

Reged: 05/17/07

I have never heard of anyone getting hyper from Fennel, but then no one really heard of IBS no so long ago. Gosh, I'm really sorry about that cause not only do I love Fennel tea, but it is my true savior when I don't feel well. I'm allergic to Peppermint (great, huh?), so the Fennel is my Godsend. Do you get the same issue with Peppermint? I know that true tea leaves are caffeinated, but not herbs, so it must just be your reacation to it. Good luck!

#313940 - 08/25/07 11:45 PM

Unregistered

I used to get acid reflex with peppermint teas, but maybe I will try it again. I have to agree with you, fennel is a life saver when I'm really bloated or gassy. Maybe my body is reacting to the leaves being caffinated even though this is a herb. I'm just really bummed cause it's a great tea to sip. It tastes nice, and it does work! Aw well. Sorry you're allergic to peppermint, but yay on you being okay with the Fennel.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12024

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review