All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: My Husband Made a Suggestion Today......... new
      #314139 - 08/28/07 10:48 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

What kind of salads are you eating? I'm curious to know if they have an SF base?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#314178 - 08/29/07 09:40 AM
Gbridelady

Reged: 05/30/07
Loc: Indiana

This would be awesome, Amanda! Wouldn't it be wonderful to walk into a nice restaurant, knowing you could order your favorite dish and that you could say to the waiter, "Could you substitute veggie cheese on the salad and also on the entree, please?" and they wouldn't give you that LOOK! I think we all have thought about your idea hundreds of times, we've all had to send food back, we all dread going out to eat for the most part, and we need restaurants to take notice and realize we are patrons and deserve some kind of respect and compassion. I wish you guys the best of luck! If you need ANY kind of help just give me a call. I work part-time and would be happy to help out in whatever way I could. Again, good luck on a GREAT endeavor!

--------------------
Gloria
IBS-C, lactose intolerant

#314192 - 08/29/07 11:02 AM
aworkman307

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Krum, TX

Salads for me are limited but I do eat them...my basic salad has spinach greens, shrimp, avacoda and a small amount of a home made vingerette as well homemade curtons...No tomatoes as I have a very real food alergy to fresh tomatoes and have to go to the hospital when they are accidnetal consumed....Be sure and wash your spinach greens throughly to remove any trace of dirt you don't want to set down to eat a salad and taste a mud pie....I try to stay away from iceburg lettuce it seems to realy upset my stomach and always cause 'D'..I assume it is from the amount of water the lettuce holds and it is a little to hard for me. Good Luck

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/aworkman307

Just wanted to give an update new
      #314207 - 08/29/07 01:43 PM
aworkman307

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Krum, TX

So far I have spoke tp representives from Chillis, Outback Steak House, Applebees, the food network, marth stewart living, rachel ray, and yes even OPRAH for Dr. Oz...as well as pizza hut and dominos if I am missing anyone please let me know I will contact them as well....SO FAR SO GOOD...Any way keep those fingers croosed it looks like we might get ot enjoy eating out again......... I have sent request to many other places these are the ones who are responding so far....

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/aworkman307

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2031 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8160

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review