All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: My Husband Made a Suggestion Today......... new
      #313925 - 08/25/07 05:24 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

THIS would be amazing! I often think about just such an idea, and my sister is always telling me to open a restaurant. Let's keep pursuing this......Eating out is no fun!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#313938 - 08/25/07 09:02 PM
Laura Renee

Reged: 05/17/07

I'm all for it too!! I love the Food Network channel and frequently wish they would have a show that was dedicated to IBS. My boyfriend LOVES my Tofutti Sour Cream Chip Dip and my Soybean Butter. He thinks it tastes as good as the real stuff. I'd love to get it in a restaurant. Can you figure out how to make a dairy free Pana Cotta, Flan or other custard?? I'd travel to wherever you are just for that!!

#314003 - 08/27/07 11:44 AM
aworkman307

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Krum, TX

I haven't thought of it that way...But I will now add the food network to my list of contacts things are lookig cood for Applebees they seem to want to work with me and are talking about a new menu for people with stomach Senstivities....I want to incorporate are problems in to everyday life we work, we entertain, we have children all of which are stressful and eating out with the family or just freinds should be enjoyable not dreadful to the point were you want to lock yourself in your restroom, and sleep in the bath tub....So Keep your Fingers crossed all my fellow IBS'ers I want to help get us back into the main stream of life....I'm diving in head frist lets hope I can at least tread water.....Hopefully World Wide IBS safe Dinning.

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/aworkman307

#314012 - 08/27/07 02:32 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

I'd be willing to work with you on this. I actually had the same idea of contacting restaurants to get the word out about the need for IBS safe foods. Applebee's was a great place to start. I'm not currently working full-time, so would have a little extra time on my hands these days. Let me know!

#314041 - 08/27/07 07:54 PM
aworkman307

Right now I stay at home with my youngest child and my husband wants me here untill I can get my IBS under control...So for now I seem to have it under control but I do have a 2 yr old son so if the phone calls get to crazy I just might enlist you help...I appericate your offer.
Keep in touch my email is aworkman307@yahoo.com, I will keep you updated as to my progress.
Amanda
IBS-D, Serve Pain

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com

#314042 - 08/27/07 07:57 PM
aworkman307

Any one with any receipe suggestions or ideas I am complete open to any suggestions you might have. The more we offer these restruant cahins the better are chances our to make them see how many of us there are that are not eating in there restraunt.
Keep in touch, aworkman307@yahoo.com

Amanda
IBS-D
Serve Pain

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com

#314069 - 08/28/07 09:28 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

Please don't forget about us that are vegegarians. We have even more limited choices. I would love to see some mainstream restaurants add tofu or be more flexible in changing ingredients. It can be horrible eating out. It's difficult to explain what you can and can't eat.

#314096 - 08/28/07 03:26 PM
aworkman307

I am trying to work out a menu that is as safe for our vegan eaters as well as those of us with IBS and any other stomach disorder...Right now a lot of research is going in tyo the planning of these menus from start to finish...I will keep everyone posted...and please feel free to email with nay ideas or concerns you might have, aworkman307@yahoo.com

Amanda
IBS-D
Serve Pain

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com

Sounds great! Do your research REALLY well, though. new
      #314106 - 08/28/07 04:58 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm not sure that labeling it an IBS Restaurant might not be a wee bit embarrassing to walk into, but if you made it such that it was tailored to dietary needs....

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Sounds great! Do your research REALLY well, though. new
      #314107 - 08/28/07 05:20 PM
aworkman307

I am not planning on labeling it as such...I am working with chain restruant's such as AppleBees and so to make a menu safe for IBS'ers and people with food senstivites in general as well as a vegan based menu...But thnaks for your input any other suggestions are appericated as well, aworkman307@yahoo.com

--------------------
Amanda
IBS-D
Severe Pain
aworkman307@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2363 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8160

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review