All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
endoscopy
      #313130 - 08/13/07 02:44 PM
tired of it 1

Reged: 08/06/07

Could anyone tell me if they have had an endoscopy to help diagnose IBS? If so how bad was it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: endoscopy new
      #313133 - 08/13/07 02:50 PM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Hey there tired of it,

I've had an endoscopy.I had mine the same day I had an colonoscopy. Mine showed that I had GERD and a hiatal hernia.
The test itself is not bad at all because you are asleep. The prep is the worst part.

Terry

#313135 - 08/13/07 03:02 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey,

I've actually had two of them. The first one was done independent of a colonoscopy, while the second was done with the colonoscopy. From the first one, I can say that due to the drugs they put you on, you won't feel or remember what happened. Also, if you are just having an endoscopy done without a colonoscopy, the prep is not bad at all -- I believe they just make you fast for a certain period of time. Anyway, I hope that is helpful!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#313137 - 08/13/07 03:05 PM
JodieKG

Reged: 06/14/07

Not bad at all; sedation only and fasting as prep. I remember coming-to dribbling but that's about all!

#313156 - 08/13/07 05:59 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hey tired of it 1 (I'm tired of it 2!), I had an endoscopy done in July and I was a nervous wreck only because I had a bad experience with the anesthesia administered for my colonoscopy. It turned out, per my GI doc, that the drugs used in the hospital where I had the colonoscopy were cheap drugs, and the anesthesia for the Endoscopy were much better and would not make me sick (damn, I wish I could remember the name of it).

Anyways, for the endoscopy, you just need to NOT eat or drink anything after midnight before the procedure. My endoscopy revealed that I had about 6 lacerations in the lining of my stomach resulting in Acid Reflux. You'll be ok and good luck!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#313159 - 08/13/07 06:57 PM
caitlineb

Reged: 07/01/07
Loc: bay area, CA

Not bad at all. The colonoscopy was the poopy one (pun intended). They warn you that you might have a sore throat afterwards, or that you could have internal bleeding from being poked, but I didn't have any such problems. Not a bit of soreness! Good luck!
I'm still waiting for the results of these tests... Still haven't actually been diagnosed with IBS.

--------------------
"I have no patience for lactose. And I won't stand for it." -Jerry Seinfeld

#313168 - 08/14/07 03:12 AM
tired of it 1

Thanks BendeeWendee, I have never been so frustrated over something in all my life. i am waiting to hear the results of the lactose and gluten blood tests, then it is off for the endoscopy. I think my anxiety is making this "d" a alot worse. Thanks again and have a good "tummy" day.

#313169 - 08/14/07 03:14 AM
tired of it 1

Love the Seinfeld quote, that show is one of my all time favorites. Let me know on your results....good luck!

#313170 - 08/14/07 03:16 AM
tired of it 1

Thanks for answering. I appreciate it greatly. After everything I have experienced I guess I can handle a little "dribbling"

#313171 - 08/14/07 03:18 AM
tired of it 1

Hi Terry, how are they treating your GERD and hernia?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1655 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3286

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review